Cleaning Up on Closing DVD Window
- End of a Run for Cable? FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;11/4/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p6
The article reports on New York City New York City Television Week held between October 28-30, 2013 where MoffettNathanson Research partner and senior analyst Craig Moffett stressed that the cable stocks' unprecedented run between 2011 and 2013 could be nearing a plateau due to the threat of...
- Cable Wants Open Windows. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;5/31/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p3
The article reports on the proposal by U.S.'s cable industry, from Time Warner Cable to Hollywood Studios, to secure on-demand access to Hollywood movie titles within a month after their debuts in movie theaters.
- Cable Stays Up Amid Big Media Losses. Atkinson, Claire // Broadcasting & Cable;2/9/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p3
The article focuses on the increase in the revenue earned by cable television networks in the U.S. in the year 2008. At News Corp., cable networks reported a $91 million increase in operating income to $428 million when compared with the same period in the year 2007. This growth resulted from...
- Sagansky: TV's 'Underlying Dynamics Not Pretty'. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;9/15/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 33, p16
The article reports on the problems faced by U.S. TV broadcast and cable companies, particularly on declining revenues that affect increases in subscriber fees, as discussed by Global Eagle Entertainment founders Jeff Sagansky and Harry Sloan in the 2014 NextTV Summit in San Francisco, California.
- Cabler revenue up. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;3/5/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on the revenue increase of European cable television companies by more than 7% to $22.3 billion in 2008. It cites that global media research company Screen Digest has compiled the figures which are more than double the $10.3 billion recorded in 2000. It also notes the cable...
- DirecTV Has Stable Q3. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p8
The article reports on the monthly average revenue per unit (ARPU) growth of DirecTV Inc., a provider of satellite-television services in the U.S. Sanford Bernstein cable and satellite analyst Craig Moffett states that the growth emphasizes the stability of the company. However, the slowdown of...
- 'LOW' HIKES LOOK HIGH. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p20
The article reports on the views by Craig Moffett, analyst for Sanford Bernstein, on expected cable-television rate increases in the U.S. in 2008. Moffett predicts that rate increases would be five percent although investors would have preferred higher rates in light of competitors' pricing....
- Moffett Research Hangs Shingle. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/13/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p22
The article reports that cable television sector expert and analyst Craig Moffett has formed his own research company Moffett Research LLC.
- Earnings:. // CableFAX Daily;5/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 91, p3
Reports on the cable revenue posted by Disney channel for the first quarter of 2006 in the U.S. Revenue of Disney-ESPN cable nets; Percentage of increase in operating income.