Consumers Union Stumps for EchoStar
- Senate legislation would require warrant for accessing emails, other private online content. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;3/20/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p16
The article reports a legislation introduced by Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy on March 19, 2013, which will require government employees to obtain a search warrant prior to accessing emails and private online content.
- Fraud Bill Adds $. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;5/25/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p1
A summary is presented of the bill S. 386, the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009, passed by the U.S. Congress, sponsored by Senator Patrick Leahy.
- Bill Aims to Fix Snag in Labeling. // Chain Drug Review;5/21/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p70
The article provides information on a legislative bill introduced by Patrick Leahy, Vermont State senator, which seeks to change the rules regarding generic drug labels.
- Baucus not yet on board. Tobias, Jimmy // Missoula Independent;11/21/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p6
The article focuses on the USA Freedom Act introduced by U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy and Representative Jim Sensenbrenner on October 29, 2013 for bringing transparency to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court and is co-sponsored by U.S. Congressmen Jon Tester and Steve Daines.
- UNION UPDATE. Holloway, Daniel // Back Stage (1946-5440);11/25/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 47, p3
A summary of an anti-piracy bill introduced by U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy to crack Internet piracy is presented.
- FOIA Exemption May Be Fixed. Oder, Norman // Library Journal;4/15/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 7, p18
Reports that Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy and four others introduced the Restore Freedom of Information Act (Restore FOIA), which they say would protect Americans' 'right to know' while simultaneously contributing to the security of the nation's infrastructure. Explanation that the bill would...
- Case for Allowing Cameras. Smith, J. J. // Government Video;Jan2012, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
The author reflects on a request made by three prominent leaders including Chuck Grassley, Patrick Leahy and Nancy Pelosi regarding the broadcasting of proceedings conducted over the health care reform law of U.S. President Barrack Obama in the U.S. Supreme Court. He states that the Radio...
- ORGANIC FOODS ACT. Daniels, Stevie O. // Organic Gardening (08973792);May/Jun90, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p7
Comments on the Organic Foods Production Act of 1990, a bill introduced by senator Patrick Leahy that could revolutionize agriculture in the United States. Environmental benefits of organic farming; Percentage of the country's population that prefers organic produce; Provisions of the legislation.
- Honorable Patrick Leahy. // Congressional Digest;Apr2005, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p109
The article presents a debate, on S. 5, the Class Action Fairness Act, by the U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy, as given on February 7, 2005. He said that this legislation would make it harder for citizens ro prorect themselves against violations of State civil rights or consumer, health, or...