GETTING TO KNOW VOD METADATA 2.0
- Heading for Pre-Migration Readiness Assessment and Strategy. Emmendorfer, Mike // Communications Technology;Dec2006, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p28
The article discusses the establishment DOCSIS systems by CableLabs. The company creates the DOCSIS 3.0 specifications that will provide cable operators with high bit rate services needed for revenue protection and growth in residential and commercial services. DOCSIS technology provides high...
- CableLabs is in the middle of it all. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p12
Reports on sixteen respondents to Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s offer to participate in the delivery of set-top boxes and integrated TV sets. Standard application interface for middleware enabling the operating systems for the devices to work with the cable operators' proprietary...
- CableLabs form new standard. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;10/07/96, Vol. 231 Issue 15, p16
Reports on interoperable digital cable systems specifications for North America agreed upon by CableLabs and its members. Transportation of digital video and data over cable networks; Requirements; Downstream digital modulation; Compatibility with Advanced Television Systems Committee standard...
- CableLabs moves on OCAP. // CED;Sep2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the success of CableLabs' second Open Cable Application Platform in the U.S. in July 2002.
- Cable Set-top Box Makers Go Digital--Big Time. Paxton, Mike // Electronic News;11/27/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 48, p14
Provides information on the status of the digital set-top box (STB) market as of November 2000. Forecast on the worldwide digital STB unit shipment by 2004; Reason for the growth of the market; Services provided by digital STB to cable television subscribers; Details on the OpenCable initiative.
- Preliminary specs for advanced cable-TV standard released. L.G.; Engelke, Roger // Electronic Design;06/08/98, Vol. 46 Issue 14, p27
Announces the release of the OpenCable specification developed under the guidance of Cable Laboratories Inc. and intended to allow competing cable-television companies in the United States to develop and offer interoperable products. Two sections comprising the document targeting digital...
- Tech notes. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p18
Reports on developments related to television broadcasting technology as of May 24, 1999. Includes Cable Television Laboratories' testing of digital set-top boxes.
- 12 More Get DOCSIS 1.1 Nods. // Cable World (10427228);4/1/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p34
Focuses on the certification released by Cable Television Laboratories for cable operators that met its DOCSIS 1.1 standards in 2002.
- Cable. broadcast make HDTV recommendations. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;5/17/93, Vol. 123 Issue 20, p57
Reports on cable and broadcast companies' recommendations for a possible combined system in high definition television (HDTV). CableLabs request to HDTV companies to use the multi-level vestigial sideband transmission and interlaced scanning; National Cable Television Association's endorsement...