- 'Dale' on right track for CMT. Nordyke, Kimberly // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/7/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 50, p3
The article offers information on the viewers ratings of television programs in the U.S. for September 4, 2007. It is mentioned that the documentary film "Dale," at the Country Music Television Network was the most watched television program of the night. It is mentioned that family's drama...
- 'NASHVILLE' SIDE TRIP. DEMPSEY, JOHN // Daily Variety;5/27/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 36, p5
The article reports on the move of the NBC Television Network to sell repeats of its "Nashville Star" musical-competition series to Country Music Television Network in the U.S. It is stated that NBC has stretched the weekly running time of each episode for the weekly talent show. Furthermore,...
- PBS: Necessity or Anachronism? Mecia, Tony // World & I;Nov2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p60
Examines the television network Public Broadcasting System (PBS) in the U.S. Information on the television programs of PBS; Criticisms concerning PBS; Details on the corporate sponsorship rules of PBS.
- Comcast bows 'Net service Fancast. LITTLETON, CYNTHIA // Daily Variety;12/16/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 51, p7
The article reports on the decision of Comcast to make its Fancast Xfinity TV online video service available to its subscribers in the U.S. The author explains that the service was previously in a trial mode with about 5,000 subscribers. He also mentions that the service will be enjoyed by...
- Comcast to Challenge Rate Rollback. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p68
Reports on the announcement of Comcast Corp. officials that the company will appeal rate-rollback orders approved by local franchising authorities (LFA), as of April 2005. Factor on which LFA based the rollout; Way in which most major cable operators collect rates; Response of Comcast to U.S....
- Fox News Is in Business With Comcast. // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p28
The article reports on the deal between Fox News Channel and cable operator Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Comcast will offer Fox News' business channel to its digital subscribers. The business channel would be available to 12 million Comcast subscribers. The business channel would also have...
- Comcast Cites Hispanic Gains. Stilson, Janet // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p24
Deals with the performance of the Hispanic-American package of channels offered by Comcast Corp. in April 2005. Number of subsciribers in the package; Forecast of the growth of its Hispanic American customer base; Factors that contributed to the efficient performance of the Hispanic packages of...
- PBS updates series' footprints. Zahed, Ramin // Daily Variety;9/14/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 10, pA22
Reports on the fall lineup of PBs in the United States. Offer of documentary counterprogramming for the Sunday block; Dedication of the Tuesday primetime to science and technology; Traditional dramas set to launch.
- Noncommercial Breaks. Stern, Christopher // Variety;11/01/99, Vol. 376 Issue 11, p65
Provides information on the television network Public Broadcasting Service. Political controversy of the network; Brief history of the network; Federal funding of the network.