ABC Family's Holiday Greetings
- Sky targets rivals' customers with Free Thursdays. Baker, Rosie // Marketing Week (Online Edition);1/24/2013, p7
The article focuses on the strategy of Sky in offering a sample of its content every Thursday for free such as "Modern Family," "Bradley Wiggins: A Year in Yellow" and "Game of Thrones," to customers of its rival companies including Freesat, Virgin and Freeview.
- You won't thank God it's Friday on ABC. Barnhart, Aaron // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p9
Comments on United States-based television network American Broadcasting Co.'s marketing campaign for its Friday night line-up of comedy television programs as of October 30, 2000. Failure of the marketing campaign to enhance the programs' ratings performance; Author's suggestion on how to...
- Sales by mail. // Crain's New York Business;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p22
Reports on ABC Television's plan to generate more revenue by using catalogs to sell items based on its shows. Results of a test distribution of catalogs in November 1998.
- ABC leads daytime upfront. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/94, Vol. 124 Issue 24, p16
Reports on ABC's lead in the daytime television programming upfront market in June 1994. Price hikes in the prime time market.
- Counting on Cable. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;10/11/99, Vol. 9 Issue 38, p12
Deals with the television networks' utilization of cable networks in promoting their fall 2000 programing to specific audiences in the United States. Advice given by broadcast networks to advertisers when promoting fall schedules; Information on the advertising time bought by the American...
- Vendors & product. // Variety;03/30/98, Vol. 370 Issue 7, p32
Provides information on several companies that exhibit their television (TV) programs during the 1998 Mip TV market in Cannes, France. AB International Distribution; American Broadcasting Company News International; Arts & Entertainment Television Networks.
- CMT Snags Miss America. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;7/4/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 27, p11
Reports on the acquisition of the television broadcasting contract for The Miss America Pageant by CMT. Information on the promotional campaign to be launched by the network for the pageant; Reason behind the decision of ABC not renew its contract for the program.
- Wanted: Viewers for new cable channels. Dempsey, John // Variety;1/3/94, Vol. 353 Issue 9, p1
Reports on cable networks' measures to attract viewers in the face of a decline in their primetime ratings. Spinoff channel setups; Initiatives to shore up programming and visibility; Impact of network abundance on viewership shares.
- Skewing younger. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/31/94, Vol. 124 Issue 44, p20
Reports that WTBS-TV is adding a lineup of new programming that will include syndiated weekly music series `Live from the House of Blues' and a daily morning show `A Morning Affair' in an effor to broaden its audience to include younger demographics.