CRASH COURSE TO SUCCESS: Verizon's O'Connell Defies FiOS Odds
- O'Connell Leads Verizon's March to Video. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;11/7/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 45, p23
Profiles Marilyn O'Connell, senior vice-president for Video Solutions of Verizon. Educational background; Employment record; Information on his management strategy. INSET: PERSONNEL FILE.
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;9/8/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 174, p2
Reports that Verizon has reorganized its video management team in order to keep up with competition. Promotion of Marilyn O'Connell as senior executive for FiOS TV; John Wimsatt to take over the position left by O'Connell.
- VERIZON CELEBRATES FIOS TV'S FIRST ANNIVERSARY. // Telephone IP News;Nov2006, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the celebration of the first anniversary of the fiber-optic FiOS TV service of Verizon in the U.S. in 2006. Senior vice president Marilyn O'Connell noted the success of the service. She also forecasted an increase in the number of subscribers of the service. Some factors...
- Election boosts Verizon, but prospects remain dim. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p55
Focuses on business proceedings of Verizon Communications Inc. Rise in share prices since late September 2002; Reservations among investors in purchasing shares of the company; Gains in wireless and long-distance offset by decline in local service.
- Students must master the basics, panel says. Yurcan, Bryan F. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/4/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 49, p7
The article reports on the need for business students to familiarize themselves with the changing technology and hone their communication skills in the U.S. According to Dr. Alan Eisner of Pace University's Lubin School of Business, they are giving their students discussions on a variety of...
- Verizon 'Adds' Fiber Markets. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p52
Reports on the expansion of telecommunications company Verizon Communications Inc. in October 2004. List of fiber markets added to the company; Deployment of its fiber-to-the-home technology in Falls Church, Virginia; Plan to launch video services including Internet-protocol television in 2005.
- Toni Hodges. // T+D;May2001, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p48
Profiles Toni Hodges, manager of measurements and evaluation at Verizon Communications Corp. Career history; Achievements; Educational background.
- Connia Nelson. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p139
The article profiles Connia Nelson, senior vice president of the human resources department at Verizon Communications Inc. in New York City. It highlights the career of Nelson at Verizon, who started as a front line supervisor focusing on the importance of customer service. It mentions that...
- Verizon Wireless preps for major data blast-off. Laughlin, Kirk // America's Network;9/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 14, p12
Focuses on the development of the data strategy of Verizon Communications Inc. in the U.S. Benefits of the data strategy for the wireless communications market; Promotion of a broad package for mobile data applications; Launch of the Sprint PCS Vision wireless data service.