Off the Rack: Cox Switches Save Space
- HFC network delivers integrated cable TV plus telephony. Harrison, Ben // Lightwave;Jun96, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p10
Reports on Cox Communications' testing of delivering residential telephone services over its hybrid fiber/coaxial-cable (HFC) network in San Diego, California. Use of a telephony-over-cable system of Tellabs Operations Inc.; Cox's trial aimed at refining its marketing of telephony services...
- Roanoke Test Goes Commercial. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p21
Deals with the launching of the voice-over-Internet protocol service of circuit-switched telephony firm Cox Communications Inc. in Roanoke, Virginia. Significance of the launch of the Cox Digital Telephone in Roanoke; Services offered to phone subscribers; Pricing of the telephony service.
- Cox's story: New services, solid growth. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;02/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p12
Informs on favorable financial results for United States-based Cox Communications Inc. in the fourth quarter of 1999. Gains in digital cable, high-speed Internet and telephony; Cable revenue; Customers.
- Cox trials Tellabs' hybrid fiber/coax system. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun96, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p15
Reports that Cox Communications Inc. is using Tellabs International Inc.'s CableSPAN 2300 telephony distribution system to test the practicality of integrated cable TV and telephony in 25 homes in San Diego, California. System features; Problems faced by companies planning to provide cable...
- Calling all subscribers. Kaish, Mark // Telecommunications;Mar2008, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p16
An interview with Mark Kaish, vice president of voice development and product management at Cox Communications, is presented. When asked about the threat brought by Verizon and AT&T, he replied that eventhough Verizon and AT&T can offer more than just voice, video and data, Cox has the ability...
- PROFILE: MARK KAISH. // Telecommunications;Mar2008, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p16
The article profiles Mark Kaish, vice president of voice development and support at Cox Communications Inc. in the U.S. He graduated from Duke University with a degree in economics and public policy studies. He served four years as supply officer in the Navy before entering the communications...
- Motive Signs With Cox For Auto Provisioning. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p41
Motive Communications Inc. signed a deal with Cox Communications Inc. to license Motive's xi Smart Service Suite that includes self-activation and auto-provisioning for high-speed Internet service. The Smart Service Suite will allow Cox subscribers to bring home a store-bought modem, install and...
- Take a chance on telephony...Cox is. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;01/10/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on the cable telephony business of Cox Communications. How the business started; Cox's solution in offering telephony service; List of Cox's markets. INSET: Study partners.
- Cox picks Arris for cable telephony. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;06/16/97, Vol. 4 Issue 20, pI-12
Focuses on cable telephony services which are being offered by Cox Communications Incorporated. Number of markets this service will be offered to; What this venture will provide for Cox; Comments from Stan Brovont, director of marketing at Arris Interactive.