Whitaker Leads 'Vision' Pack
- Forest WHITAKER. Carson, Tom // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Dec2006, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p301
The article profiles African American actor Forest Whitaker. He played Ugandan dictator Idi Amin in the film "The Last King of Scotland." His performance is so frightening because it works on many levels of physical detail and quicksilver insight. It also stars James McAvoy as the unthinking...
- The Last King of Scotland. // Conde Nast Traveler;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p220
The article reviews the motion picture "The Last King of Scotland," starring Forest Whitaker.
- Measuring the Ruler. Kristal, Nicole // Back Stage East;12/14/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 50, p16A
The article profiles Forest Whitaker, star of the movie "The Last King of Scotland," a fictionalized thriller that focus on real-life Ugandan dictator Idi Amin. To prepare for his role in the film, Whitaker enlisted veteran dialect coach Robert Easton for a crash course. During the work session,...
- Out of the woods. Sternbergh, Adam // New York;1/9/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p73
The article comments on the career performances of actor Forest Whitaker. Whitaker finds sympathy for every character he plays, which contributed to the complicated character that he played most particularly in the film "The Last King of Scotland." Whitaker also suffered a career crisis and had...
- A LITTLE TRIP TO HEAVEN. Harvey, Dennis // Variety;10/31/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 11, p58
Reviews the motion picture "A Little Trip to Heaven," directed by Baltasar Kormakur, starring Forest Whitaker and Julia Stiles.
- Finding Forest. Dauphin, Gary // Essence (Time Inc.);Oct2006, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p89
The article features actor Forest Whitaker. He plays opposite Kerry Washington as the brutal Ugandan dictator Idi Amin in the film, The Last King of Scotland, which opens in October 2006. His concern for getting things right is both a blessing and a burden for Whitaker. Even though Whitaker's...
- Jones honored. // Hollywood Reporter;1/22/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 13, p2
The article reports that actor Forest Whitaker will present the Screen Actors Guild's (SAG) 45th Life Achievement Award to James Earl Jones at the 15th annual SAG Awards. These awards would be organized at the Los Angeles Exposition Center in Los Angeles, California.
- forest WHITAKER. J. T. B. // Ebony;Mar2008, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p92
The article features African American actor and director Forest Whitaker. Whitaker was born in 1961 in Longview, Texas but moved to Los Angeles, California while he was still a child. He debuted in 1982 in the film "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and has since appeared in a variety of roles in...
- The Thespian. Dauphin, Gary // Essence (Time Inc.);Mar2007, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p143
The article features Hollywood actor, film producer, and director Forest Whitaker. He is 45, married with four children. It reports that his next films are the political thriller "Vantage Point" and the romantic drama "The Air I Breathe." It also says that although the aftereffects of Ugandan...