Switching On Digital Video
- Top 100 cable systems. // Multichannel News;2/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 8, Special Section p2A
Presents the "Multichannel News" annual list of the 100 largest cable systems in the U.S. Cablevision Greater New York; Comcast New England Region; Comcast Greater Chicago Region
- CABLEVISION VISION. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/22/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 33, p8
Reports on the offer of cable company Cablevision for Universal Studios and Universal Music. Terms of the proposed deal; Share price of Cablevision; Impact of the offer on the company's plan to sell its cable system to Time Warner Cable.
- Cablevision Adds Latino Tier in N.Y. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p35
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has deployed a Latino digital tier to New York City metropolitan area households. Number of Spanish-languages network started by the company; Monthly rent of the network; Types of programs available on the network.
- Why Cablevision Can't Get Respect. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 25, p14
Discusses the issues surrounding New York city-based cable television company Cablevision Systems Corp. as of June 2005. Information on the operations of Cablevision; History of the company; Services provided by the company for its customers. INSET: MONEY TALKS.
- DOLAN'S FOLLY? Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p1
Examines the controversy with regard to Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Charles Dolan's plans to start a direct-broadcast satellite service called Rainbow DBS. Cost of Cablevision's satellite; Speculation regarding the satellite; Proposed date for providing commercial services using the...
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;1/13/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p20
Statistics are presented on the Multichannel News Index (MNI) of Multiple-System Operators (MSO) like Comcast, Cablevision, and TimeWarner Cable, Programmers like AMC Networks, CBS, and Discovery Communications, and the Telephone companies AT&T, Sprint Nextel, and Verizon.
- THE CABLERS. // Variety;01/08/2001, Vol. 381 Issue 7, p35
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in New York as of January 2001. Postponement of shareholder vote for the spinoff of Rainbow Media by Cablevision Systems; Appointment of Chris Bogart in TW Cable Ventures; Renewal of contracts of Comcast with Walt Disney's cable networks;...
- Mets' Net In Carriage Hunt. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p16
States that SportsNet New York channel is in negotiations with Cablevision and other satellite cable television distributors in the U.S. before the start of baseball's regular season in the country. SportsNet New York has standing partnership with Time Warner Cable and Comcast Corp.; Information...
- Cable karma and Comcast. Anderson, Howard // Network World;6/9/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p30
The author reflects on the kick he gets out of his efforts in leading one industry into the business of another, and his experience with his local cable company. Heclaims his most offensive move was when he spoke at the National Cable Television Association Executive Meeting and told cable...