Dish Sets a Date: Feb. 1
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p40
The article presents news briefs related to television broadcasting in the United States as of February 12, 2007. Court TV has returned on EchoStar Communications' Dish Network Friday. A cable television competition law does not apply to video-streaming Web sites. The financial performance of...
- EchoStar's HD Plan Under Attack. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p32
Reports on the proposal of Charlie Ergen of Echostar to use satellite telecommunication in broadcasting high-definition network feeds from New York and Los Angeles, California to customers who can not obtain the same digital programming locally. Criticism from the National Association of...
- EchoStar's Ergen Mulls Nixing Court TV for Good. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;2/5/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p4
The article describes the failure by EchoStar and Courtroom Television Network to produce a new carriage agreement. Court TV was pulled from EchoStar's DISH Network lineup shortly after midnight January 1, 2007 when the original carriage agreement expired. Despite the decrease in availability to...
- Fox family has October due date for Girlz, Boyz. Bednarski, P.J.; McConville, Jim; Hall, Lee; Shaw., Russell // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p1A
Presents news items concerning the United States cable industry as of December 7, 1998. Includes Fox Family Channel's launching of its two digital networks, the Boys Channel and the Girlz Channel, in October 1999; Programs the will be unveiled by Court TV in January 1999; Launch of Fanfare: The...
- Court TV primes its docket. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;7/15/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that Court TV has started programming for its recently re-branded primetime television program named "Court TV Seriously Entertaining." Earlier Court TV had announced that it was going to split its daytime and primetime.
- Tube takes aim at Smoking Gun. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;1/24/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the negotiation of Court TV with a television network to create a television series that would draw on the premise and name of Web site the Smoking Gun in the U.S. The company expects that the series will become popular. The Web site attracted criticisms because of its...
- Court TV's docket includes original pix. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/28/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 19, p2
Reports that Court TV is planning to commission original movies dealing with criminal justice. Examples of rerun television series to be broadcast by the network; List of some motion pictures commissioned by Court TV.
- Court TV buys crime movie package. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;02/01/99, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p42
Reports that Court TV will introduce its first general entertainment movies starting February 6, 1999 under its weekend movie block, Crime Time Movies. Driving force behind the move; Titles included in the block; Purpose behind the move.
- COURT'S VENUE SHIFT. Zeitchik, Steven; Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;5/15/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 31, p5
The article focuses on the success of Time Warner Cable Inc. in closing a deal to buy out Liberty Broadcasting Network Inc.'s stake in Court TV in the U.S. Court TV executive Henry Schleiff will resign from the company wherein he will be a consultant for Turner Broadcasting System Inc. The...