WWE Shaves Some Heads
- Greg Schaefer. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p12
Presents views of Greg Schaefer, executive vice president of sales of CBS, concerning the marketing and sales strategies employed by the television broadcasting industry in the United States. Companywide sales strategy for the summer launch of the TV program 'Survivor'; Advantage of Viacom's...
- With Time Slots Rare, Syndie Seems Sedate. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;8/18/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 33, p9
Focuses on various issues related to availability of time slots for television programs in the U.S. Impact of less number of time slots on making of new television programs; Reason for increase in competition in the field of television programs development; Strategy adopted by cable television...
- Olympics trigger early start to fall promo push. Levin, Gary // Variety;6/24/96, Vol. 363 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the promotional entertainment itinerary of television stations for the 1996 fall season. Impact of Olympics and high profile sports events; Use of pilot chips to introduce cast members and key relationships in series programs; Mechanics of day-and-date promotions; Concept advertising...
- Trio Buys Hour on KTLA. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;3/3/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p14
Reports the purchase of television time by Trio cable channel in Los Angeles, California from KTLA-TV to showcase the network's programming in 2003.
- The Buzz. // Campaign;5/22/2015, p25
A review is offered of a television advertisement for the "Humans" television series of Channel 4 by advertising agency 4Creative.
- 7 agencies vie for Fit TV. Buyikian, Teresa; McCarthy, Michael // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/19/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the selection of one New York City- and six Los Angeles, California-based agencies to compete for Fit TV's $10 million advertising account. Contenders for the account; Requirements for creative presentations to the Los Angeles, California-based channel; Fit TV's advertising plans.
- Fox Needs Sunblock. Frutkin, Alan J. // MediaWeek;4/26/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the strategic planning of Fox Broadcasting company for scheduling its television programs for the summer 2004 season. Information on the latest television programs of the company; Scheduling cycles of the network; Off-channel promotion for shows during the month of June.
- Hsu promoted at CNN to take over regional VP post. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/30/2004, p6
Television network firm CNN International has promoted William Hsu to take over as regional vice-president for advertising sales, filling the post left vacant by Nick Morgan late last year. Hsu, previously vice president of news ad sales for Southeast Asia, is now responsible for setting...
- Cable Net gets serious. McCarthy, Michael; Edwards, Jim; Lucas, Sloane // Adweek Eastern Edition;7/20/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 29, p4
Reports that cable television network Comedy Central has been in discussions with a number of advertising agencies about creative projects. Marketing plans; Singer Design's creation of a tune-in campaign consisting of print advertisements for the program `South Park'; Broadcast of spots from...