Reps. Visit CES, Ahead of Travel Ban
- Carriage. // CableFAX Daily;9/29/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 189, p1
The article presents news briefs concerning cable television broadcasting as of September 2005. Comcast will add AZN to its channel line-up in the Washington D.C. metro area by the end of September 2005. The Ultimate Shopping Network has expanded its broadcast to 24 hours daily on DirectTV.
- Calling All Couch Potatoes. Smith, Stephanie D. // Money;Aug2003, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p125
Philips' DirecTV/TiVo-powered receiver (DSR708) is a great gift for television fanatics. For $299 (plus $33.99 and up a month for DirecTV and $4.99 a month for TiVo), a person gets both DirecTV--up to 225 channels--and TiVo, which allows them to rewind or see an instant replay of live...
- What good news? Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/22/2005, Vol. 387 Issue 50, p15
The article presents information about TiVo Inc., the digital video recorder company. TiVo nearly hushed Wall Street hears last week who were predicting lousy subscriber additions for the all-important holiday quarter. But TiVo said Friday it passed the 3 million mark on schedule and added...
- DirecTV to Add TiVo Ad Sales. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;5/17/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the plan of DirectTV to acquire the advertising sales business of digital recording service TiVo in 2004. Objective of the plan; Benefits of the collaboration; Business operation of the companies. INSET: TV NEWS SHUFFLES.
- Comcast: OCAP Action in '07. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on the plan of cable television operator Comcast Corp. to utilize Open Cable Application Platform (OCAP) for interactive television in the U.S. Comcast has partnered with television service provider TiVo Inc. for the development of digital-video recorder (DVR) application....
- TAKING ON NO. 1. Donohue, Steve; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p1
Looks at the television and cable promotions of DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. which target Comcast Corp. subscribers in the U.S. Theme of the promotions of the cable operators; Reasons for targeting subscribers of Comcast; Components and cost of the television programming...
- There's No Coming Back From a Bad First Impression. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);9/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p10
Comments on the kind of customer service provided by companies in the cable television industry in the U.S. DirectTV; EchoStar; Comcast.
- Syndie Biz Braces for Latest Window. Lisotta, Christopher; Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;11/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p1
The article offers a look at the tend in broadband TV syndication in the U.S. as of November 2005. Deals such as the Warner Bros.-America Online, CBS-Comcast and NBC-DirecTV are laying the foundation for a broadband syndication. This trend is bound to contribute to the extinction of exclusivity...
- NFL Net scores Adelphia. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/16/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 54, p5
This article reports that The company NFL Network continues to march toward the end zone of widespread coverage, landing a carriage deal with Adelphia Communications Corp., the fifth-largest cable operator in the U.S. When added to previous carriage agreements with Comcast Crop., DirecTV Inc.,...