- Viacom Adjusts Earnings Downward. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 40, p29
The article reports on Viacom's update for its 2008 full-year business outlook based on the difficult economic conditions in the U.S. The company expects to deliver growth in adjusted diluted earnings per share from the middle single to double-digits for the whole year. It also expects that the...
- Wall Street awaits biz biggies' bounce. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;7/28/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 41, p3
The article focuses on the forecasts by financial analysts concerning the financial performance of various media companies. It reports that the major players are expected to post weaker financial results, even though operating profit could rise in some cases due to cost cutting. UBS analyst...
- NEW TECH DRIVES ENTERTAINMENT SECTOR. // Multichannel News;6/19/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p36
Reports on the forecast of Spencer Wang, an analyst at Bear Stearns & Co., on the cable television industry in the U.S. Expected compound annual revenue growth to be gained by the industry according to Wang; Cable companies that are classified under peer perform ratings by the analyst such as...
- Redstone rosy over Viacom. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;1/9/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 4, p1
Presents the business forecast of executive Sumner Redstone for Viacom Inc. in 2003. Comments on the financial performance of global media and entertainment; Views on the impact of federal deregulation in the industry; Speculation on the tenure of Viacom president Mel Karmazin.
- Viacom exex paint rosy pic at financial huddles. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;12/4/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the financial forecast of Viacom president and chief operating officer Mel Karmazin for the conglomerate during the UBS Warburg's 29th annual media week in New York city. Interest in picking up additional television and radio stations; Growth displayed by advertising sales across...
- Viacom's picture is strong despite executive static. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p35
Reports on the financial performance of media company Viacom Inc. as of March 10, 2003 in New York. Significance of brands of the company in its growth; Stock prices of the company between March 1, 2002 and March 7, 2003; Percentage increase in the revenue of the company.
- Correction. // Daily Variety;2/17/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 32, p5
A correction to an article about the fourth quarter earnings of Viacom Inc. is presented.
- VIACOM PROFITS STOKE ITS STOCK. Amdur, Meredity // Daily Variety;7/23/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 14, p1
Cites the financial performance of Viacom based on its second quarterly earnings. Confirmation of having double digit profit gains from the company's television broadcast and networks group; Impact of the Viacom's television business on its operating income and profit increases; Business...
- Viacom Hopes for Ad Uplift. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;2/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p15
The article states that Viacom Inc. Chief Executive Officer Phillip Daumen expects the advertisement industry to improve in the first quarter of 2010 after the company experienced a 4 percent decline in the domestic advertisement sales in the fourth quarter of 2009.