Comcast Thinking Small
- COMCAST PUTS NUMBERS ON VoIP ROLLOUT. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;5/31/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p22
Reports on Comcast's commitment of majority of its network voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP)-compatible by the end of 2005. Benefits of the VoIP launched on Comcast's status in the residential voice services market; Cities where Comcast plans to launch its service; Comments of Chief Executive...
- Phone Is Comcast's 'Next Big Engine.' Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to introduce Internet-based telephone services in markets by the end of 2005 according to CEO Brian Roberts. Expectations of Roberts on the technology; Features of the technology; Discounts to be offered by the company among consumers.
- Roberts: Keep On Innovating. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p8
Deals with the participation of Comcast Corp. CEO Brian Roberts in the "National Show" general session audience in April 2005. Comments on video and data business of cable operators; Threats posed by telephone companies to the cable television industry; Importance of advanced-technology systems...
- Roberts Sees Barriers. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p26
The article reports on the appeal of Comcast chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts to state regulators for help in removing regulatory hurdles that serve to frustrate his company's ability to roll out digital telephone service in Miami, Florida. Roberts also complained the...
- Pols Praise Comcast for Competing With Bells. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p38
Comcast Corp. won praise from two U.S. senators for sticking with promises to roll out local phone service and compete with the Baby Bells. The praise came in a three-page letter cosigned by Senator Mike DeWine (Republican-Ohio), chairman of the subcommittee on antitrust, competition policy and...
- Comcast, Then and Now. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p36
Comments on the "media day" scheduled by Comcast Corp. where it announced that its cable stocks were getting close to historic lows in terms of cash-flow multiples. Remarks from CEO Brian Roberts on the plan of phone companies to add lots of fiber and get into multichannel video; Number of...
- Cable fat and sassy, but not content. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;5/21/2007, Vol. 248 Issue 9, p6
Information about a discussion on the present condition of the cable industry during "The Cable Show 2007" in the U.S. is presented. Chief executive officer (CEO) Pat Esser of Cox Communications Inc. asserted that the industry is now serving 10 million digital phone customers and 30 million...
- Comcast mum on NBC Uni. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;11/5/2009, Vol. 412 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that Comcast Corp. chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts has promised continued returns to shareholders as he tried to quell fears that a deal with NBC Universal would not be in the interest of investors.
- Comcast's Roberts And the Wearin' Of the Green. // Multichannel News;4/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p6
The article reports on Comcast Corp. chairman Brian Roberts, who was seen sporting at the Green Jacket presentation at the Masters.