Money To Their Ears
- Charter could exit CableLabs. // CED;Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p14
Reports the decision to allow Charter Communications to pullout from CableLabs. Confirmation of the report from CableLab officials; Amount of monthly dues for subscribers; Comment of Charter spokesman Dave Anderson.
- Surprise--Charter,s Really a Streaming Bull. Stump, Matt; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p16
Reports the business plans of Charter Communications Inc. in the United States. Competition between Charter and ESPN in operator-programmer tiff over streaming video; Software deal between Charter and Liberate Technologies Inc.; Comparison between technological and business issues. INSET:...
- Charter Could Leave CableLabs. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the decision of Charter Communications to exercise its exit clause in the Cable Television Laboratories contract. Comment of Charter spokesman Dave Andersen about the issue; Conversion of the system of Cablevision in a digital platform; Concerns over the direction of Cablelabs...
- Charter's cash flow up 8/7% in third qtr. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;11/6/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Charter Communications for the third quarter of 2002. Increase in the company's sales and cash flow; Possible restatement of past income tax expense after the completion of an accounting review by auditor KPMG; Decline in the company's stock price on...
- Charter Seeks L.A. Buyer. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/2/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p24
The article reports that Charter Communications Inc. plans to sell its system in Los Angeles, California and has employed Goldman Sachs & Co. and Citigroup Inc. to lead the auction process that could bring in over two billion dollars.
- Charter Prepares for November Digeo Launch. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p27
Reports the launching of full-scale Digeo Corp., an interactive content by Charter Communications Inc. Enhancement of the products and service foundations of the company; Features of the interactive channels launched; Integration of the network with the Charter's interactive program guide.
- 10 STORIES THAT MATTER. // Multichannel News;2/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p3
The article offers mass media news briefs as of February 2013 on topics including buying of Bresnan Communication Inc. by Charter Communication Inc., launching of an application by Virgin Media Inc. and launching of a rival national sports network by News Corp.
- St. Louis. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;6/14/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p14
Presents news briefs on the mass media industry in Saint Louis, Missouri as of June 14, 2004. Growth of TV broadcasting in the first quarter of 2004; Domination of Charter Communications in the cable industry; Plan to redesign the newspaper "Post-Dispatch."
- New media can be a tough sell because the concept is 'new'. Davies, Russell // Campaign;1/22/2010, Issue 3, p20
The article focuses on the challenges often faced by companies when developing new media agencies in Great Britain.