Cox Could Face Competition in La
- Cox Aims to Get Back On Track in Phoenix. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);8/5/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p34
Focuses on the status of Cox Communications in line with the competition in the telecommunications market of Phoenix, Arizona. Competition posed by direct broadcast satellite providers; Action taken by Cox to boost customer satisfaction levels; Improvements in its communications system. ...
- Real winner revealed. // CED;Aug2001, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p12
Reports the winning of businessman Joel Hutchings of Cox Communications during the Cable-Tec Games in Orlando, Florida.
- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;11/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p41
The article presents news briefs concerning the telecommunications and broadcasting industries in the United States. Cox Communications plan to eliminate about 460 positions. Comcast plans to restructure and reduce the footprint for regional service CN8 in 2009. Veoh Networks has laid off 20...
- Cox buys into smaller markets. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/17/99, Vol. 129 Issue 21, p10
Reports on Cox Communications Inc.'s acquisitions of systems in smaller markets in the United States. Purchase of TCA Cable TV Inc.; Markets being eyed by Cox; Business strategies of the company according to James Robbins, Cox chairman; Features of the acquisition deals involving TCA and Media...
- Switching Things Up on Channel Delivery. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p41
Discusses the substitution of some cable companies in the U.S. on switched broadcast video (SBV) services in 2005. Participation of BigBand Networks in conducting SBV tests; Result of the test conducted in the cable system of Cox Communications Inc. in Tyler, Texas in summer 2004; Remarks from...
- ESPN tackles Cox in cost dispute. Crabtree, Susan // Daily Variety;10/24/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the dispute between broadcasting firms Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) and Cox Communications Inc. in the U.S. Cable industry's costly digital upgrade; Increase in cable rates; Cox's launch of a Web site that explains their dispute with ESPN.
- Cable Flips the Switch. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;4/24/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 17, p92
Discusses switched broadcast by cable television operators and its impact on bandwidth. Effect of switched broadcast on television programming; Action taken by Cox Communications to reclaim bandwidth; Overview of the switched-broadcast technology of Scientific-Atlanta.
- Prediction: Broadcaster vs. cable company will rerun. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;1/11/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p8
The article presents the author's insights on broadcasting and cable industry in the U.S. It states that News Corp., Cox Communications Inc., and Raycom Media Inc. have experienced pressure and difficulties in controlling costs and meeting the growing trend of television subscribers. Moreover,...
- 'Gloves off' in Cox-Embarq fight for home phone customers. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/4/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p3
The article talks about the battle for phone-service supremacy between Cox Communications and Embarq. The author says that Cox is advancing its efforts to capture its share of the Las Vegas Valley's home phone business but Embarq is taking steps to make sure that Cox will not succeed. In April...