Three Bills Grow in Florida
- Part 1: Preliminary provisions. // Films, Videos & Publications Classification Act 1993;1993, p9
The article presents a reprint of Part 1 of the Films, Videos, and Publications Classification Act 1993 of New Zealand. It highlights on the interpretation of the Act that requires advertising posters, authorized distributor and broadcasting. It also discusses the meaning of objectionable in the...
- The VNR numbers game. // Public Relations Tactics;Jun98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p23
Discusses how to examine audience figures to determine the success of a video news release. What is a good number for audience figures; Benefits of having an audience of 10 million viewers.
- News bytes. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;May2002, Issue 326, p7
Reports global developments in the broadcasting industry as of May 2002. Purchase of John Naulls Broadcast Systems of 12 KY-F55BE color video cameras; Installation of Pro-Bel routing and signal conversion equipment in the CNN bureau.
- Britain's biggest show. Romanek, Neal // TVB Europe;Feb2014, p48
The article discusses a tradeshow "Broadcast Video Expo" that would be held in Excel, London on February 25-27, 2014.
- Video Monitor. // Billboard;8/23/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 34, p53
Presents a list of most played video clippings as monitored by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems for the week ending August 10, 2003.
- Senators working to kill Clinton spectrum fee plan. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;06/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p2
Presents information on a legislation over a spectrum fee bill, on broadcasters and other airwave users. Who is working to eliminate this bill; Why does the White House wish to impose this bill; Additional information on other proposals.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/16/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 38, p29
Reports developments related to broadcasting in the U.S. Passage of the AMBER Alert bill by the U.S. Senate by unanimous consent; Terms and agreement of AMBER Alert bill; Dismissal of poet Sarah Jones's challenge of an indecency fine levied against a Portland, Oregon station for airing Jones...
- Preserve co-ownership ban. // Electronic Media;05/12/97, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p10
Opinion. Opposes the bill introduced by Senator, John McCain, that would eliminate the ban on newspapers being co-owned with local television or radio stations in the United States. Reasons for opposition to bill.
- President won't sign media ownership law. Kocinska, Anna // Prague Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p25
Reports the refusal of President Aleksander KwaÅ¡niewski to sign the law restricting cross-ownership in media in Poland. Reason behind the refusal of the president; Response of the private media companies to the proposed legislation; Compatibility of the proposed legislation to the status of...