Party Over, MTVN Makes Sales Shifts
- Orderly Upfront Hits $3 Bil. So Far. Consoli, John // Adweek;5/31/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 22, p6
The broadcast upfront marketplace began moving quietly and orderly last Wednesday and by the end of the week media buyers had spent some $3 billion, about one-third of the projected total. Fox was the first to write upfront business, on May 26, doing early deals with all the major movie studios...
- Cable Nets Pop a Cork After Record 2011. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/19/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p10
The article offers information on the rising rating of cable networks during the holiday season in the U.S. According to Turner Broadcasting System Inc., the big four broadcasting networks experienced 67% share of primetime audiences in the said season. The top four broadcasting networks include...
- Media Agencies Face Same New Story. Mahmud, Shahnaz // Adweek;3/3/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p15
The article discusses how companies like OMD, Turner Broadcasting and Optimedia are looking to restructure as digital media continues to evolve. It is reported that buyers, sellers, and marketers are all making structural changes within their organizations to better communicate with one another...
- Building TV Brands Without Borders. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p14
The article reports on the unlimited television brand building efforts in the U.S. Turner Broadcasting System Inc. has put episodes of Adult Swim's "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" and "Robot Chicken" onto the Internet broadcasting service Joost. VH1 is providing "Flavor of Love" and "American Gangster"...
- THE CABLE COMPETITION. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/18/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 3, p10
The article offers information on the series plans of several cable networks in the U.S. for summer 2010 including MTV Networks, AMC and Turner Broadcasting System Inc. (TBS).
- Turner Touts Cable's 'Reach' Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/7/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the high-end database package introduced by the U.S.-based company Turner Broadcasting Systems Inc. under its marketing program. Message to be conveyed by the company through the package to advertisers; Benefits of the package to media planners.
- TBS Spinoff Stays South. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;03/01/99, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p6
Announces Turner Broadcasting System's (TBS) plans to launch a regional network called Turner South. Programming it will bring to Southeast states in the United States; Sports franchises the service will carry; Remarks from Bill Burke president of TBS Superstation.
- Turner bankrolls Atlanta building boom. Forkan // Multichannel News;11/8/99, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p24
Reports on the construction of Turner Broadcasting System Inc.'s digital production/post-production facility in Atlanta, Georgia. Use of the facility to produce programming and promotional spots chiefly for Turner's entertainment networks; Renovation of the CNN Center/Omni Hotel in Atlanta;...
- The women of Channel 9 are key in reporting the state's news. Zuliani, Vilma // New Hampshire Business Review;04/25/97, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the role played by women broadcasters and production staff in Channel 9's news reporting success in New Hampshire. Profiles of the members of Channel 9's news team; Challenges brought by the job; Education attainment; Career highlights.