BET Aspires to Get More Animated
- BET DUMPS HARLEM. Delaney, Yvonne // New York Amsterdam News;3/14/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p1
Reports the planned activities of Black Entertainment Network in the U.S. Provision of a ground-floor facility for the network; Completion of an outlet located in 125th Street between Third and Lexington avenues; Construction of an infrastructure space.
- Johnson: Urban TV Needs a Malone. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;4/20/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p14
The article reports on the proposed plan of Robert Johnson, president of Black Entertainment Television, concerning digital television (TV) multicasting in the U.S. cable systems. The company collaborated with Ion Television to create the new television services in sharing digital-TV licenses...
- Joel A. Berger Award. // Multichannel News;3/18/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p8A
Focuses on the Joel A. Berger Award in recognition for public affairs initiatives for AIDS awareness in local communities in the U.S. History of the award; Award given to Black Entertainment Television (BET); Details of the Rap-It-Up campaign of BET.
- BET Awards Gets Star Treatment. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p20
Focuses on the television program 'BET Awards' from Black Entertainment Television in the U.S. Features of the show; Condition of marketing presence of the program for the year 2002; Sponsors of the 2002 awards show.
- Viewers flock to basic cable. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/1/96, Vol. 126 Issue 14, p16
Reports that most of the basic cable networks in the United States reported high ratings growth in the first quarter of 1996. Popularity of Black Entertainment Television's O.J. Simpson interview; Statistics on USA Network's rating; Name of top-rated cablecast during the first quarter. INSET:...
- HSN, BET brainstorm. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/93, Vol. 123 Issue 46, p77
Reports on the agreement between Home Shopping Network (HSN) and Black Entertainment Television (BET) on joint business ventures. Creation of a shop-at-home programming service for BET viewers.
- BET Pulls Videos From Primetime Playlist. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p32
Reports the television programming for the year 2002 prepared by Black Entertainment Television network in the U.S. Program features; Inclusion of music videos on the primetime programming; Statement regarding music videos by executive vice president Curtis Gadson.
- BET Unveils New Series, Sets Repurposing Plans. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p16
Reports on the launching of three original television serials from Black Entertainment Television and the repurposing of shows from sister services. Payment of programmer Showtime of the movie 'Soul Food'; Date of airing of the three original series; Strategies to work synergistic deals with...
- The Box bows on satellite; BBET bans guns; MVA report. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;9/11/93, Vol. 105 Issue 37, p38
Reports on the commencement of satellite transmissions for the viewer-programmed music video network The Box with a five-minute commissioned track written by Prince. Target audience of The Box; Black Entertainment Television's ban on gun depictions on video for month of September; Results of...