THIS JUST IN
- Cable ONE Announces 200 "Gig City" Locations. // CED;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the announcement of cable provider Cable ONE as of November 2015 to roll out one gigabyte per second service to more than 200 cities and towns in the its service area in the U.S.
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;4/7/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p30
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Viacom Channels Off Cable One as NCTC Pact Expires" in the April 3, 2014 issue and an article on availability of television learning programs from American cable company Cable One Inc.
- Streaming video & you. Walker, Gerald M. // World Broadcast Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p22
Reports on two sessions at the NAB2001 Broadcast Engineering Conference, devoted to the topic 'Streaming Media for Broadcast Engineers.' Paper 'The Assimilation of the Traditional Broadcaster by the Virtual Broadcasters.'
- What should broadcasters do now to enter the world of streaming? Sullivan, Steve // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p104
Offers a look at the concept of streaming video technology. Benefits of the technology for television and radio broadcasters; Streaming media strategies of FasTV, Zatso, BroadcastAmerica.com and Broadcast.com; Things that broadcasters should do in dealing with streaming media.
- Webcaster streams European Commission Conference with Haivision KulaByte encoders. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;12/28/2011, p6
The article reports on the use of the Haivision KulaByte Internet encoders by Webcaster FreeCaster.tv in broadcasting the European Development Days (EDD) conference live from the Copernicus Science Centre in Warsaw, Poland in mid-December 2011.
- Post-production networks. Gilmer, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p32
Reports on the post-production networks in the U.S. Role in the networking technology for video; Significance of the installation of new networks; Importance of networking.
- IP in the medium term. // TVB Europe;Sep2002, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p12
Reports on broadcasters' plan to implement media streaming technologies in Great Britain as of September 2002. Results of the NTL Broadcast's year 2002 customer survey; Satellite television programmers' plan to use media streaming.
- Cutting edge. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;8/29/94, Vol. 124 Issue 35, p51
Reports on technology-related developments in broadcasting and telecommunications. Includes TRW Space & Electronics Group's subleasing of capacity on the Columbia Communications Pacific satellite to IDB Communications Group. PanAmSat's announcement of its Asia-Pacific satellite operations; Fox...
- First-quarter earnings wrap-up. // CED;Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p8
Several tables related to the 2011 first quarter earnings of various telecommunication cable companies including Cable One Inc., CenturyTel Inc., and Motorola Mobility are presented.