Sinclair's Retrans Cash Rises 90%
- Sinclair: New DTV sets no better. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;01/10/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p56
Reports on the results of tests conducted by Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. on Thomson Consumer Electronics Inc. and Sony Corp.'s DTV receivers. Capabilities in fighting multipath interference; Test sites in Baltimore, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.; Comparison with other DTV models.
- DVB logo identifies receivers. // World Broadcast Engineering;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p15
Reports the creation of an identifier for integrated digital television receivers to assist consumers in selecting television sets in Great Britain. Selection of the DVB logo as marker of assurance; Conduction of training for sales staff to identify differences; Presentation on commercial ITV...
- MPEG transmission issues. Dunford, Keith // Broadcast Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p100
Discusses problems encountered with the expansion of MPEG-2 compressed digital television signals for terrestrial and satellite video networks. Challenge of transforming analog to digital; Interoperability of MPEG-2 encoders and decoders; Concatenation of signals; Digital turnaround of...
- Cable TV networks snowed under. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // America's Network;4/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on the problem of signal distortion among cable television networks. Quality and reliability; Factors determining the degree of picture imperfection; Causes of digital malfunctions. INSET: Gigahertz and water don't mix..
- Manufacturers get impatient on digital. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;02/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the concerns of electronics manufacturers in the United States pertaining to progress on high-definition television receivers (HDTV). What government has mandated by the year 2006 for digital television; Issues addressed at a meeting of the NATPE in New Orleans in January, 1998;...
- DTV receivers get better. Grotticelli, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;04/16/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 16, p12
Reports the release of interim report on digital-television-receiver development by the Office of Engineering and Technology of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Equipments used in the analysis; Improvement of outdoor reception; Performance of indoor reception antennas.
- Can your facility ARC or monitor widescreen? Hill, Mark // TVB Europe;Feb99, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p34
Details the proper preparation for a 16:9 presentation for Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT). Delivery platform; Conversions between one picture aspect and another; Determination of aspect ratio for presentation based on source of incoming material; Transmission outgoing; Post production...
- Old before their time. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;10/03/98, Vol. 160 Issue 2154, p7
Deals with digital television receivers which use hard-disc drives to record programs. Features of the system; Other information on digital television.
- Sinclair, Comcast Parley. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the digital-high definition television (HDTV) carriage deal between Comcast Corp. and Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. in February 2005. Markets in the U.S. wherein Comcast would carry the HDTV or digital signals of Sinclair; Cost of digital signals per cable television subscriber;...