VH1, BET to Produce Drama Pilot
- HSN, BET brainstorm. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/93, Vol. 123 Issue 46, p77
Reports on the agreement between Home Shopping Network (HSN) and Black Entertainment Television (BET) on joint business ventures. Creation of a shop-at-home programming service for BET viewers.
- The Box bows on satellite; BBET bans guns; MVA report. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;9/11/93, Vol. 105 Issue 37, p38
Reports on the commencement of satellite transmissions for the viewer-programmed music video network The Box with a five-minute commissioned track written by Prince. Target audience of The Box; Black Entertainment Television's ban on gun depictions on video for month of September; Results of...
- Showtime. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;7/31/93, Vol. 105 Issue 31, p35
Reports on the series introduced by The Nashville Network. `Music City Tonight'; `Country News'; `Dance Line'; `Video Countdown'; Launching of `Caribbean Sound,' by Black Entertainment Television; Sony Nashville's `Steppin' Country' home videos.
- BET to launch all-jazz channel. Atwood, Brett // Billboard;10/14/95, Vol. 107 Issue 41, p82
Reports on Black Entertainment Television's plan to launch in January 1996 BET on Jazz: The Cable Jazz Channel, a new 24-hour sister cable channel devoted exclusively to jazz. Programming content; BET's existing jazz program `Jazz Central' as the new channel's flagship original show; Types of...
- Cablers sing synergy. Grego, Melissa // Variety;7/16/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the alliances among cable networks during the Television Critics Association Tour in July 2001. Partnership between CNN and CNN Headline News; Program-sharing and scheduling between Cartoon Network and Kids WB; Production deal between CBS News and Black Entertainment Television.
- NUE TV on the block. Harris, Hamil R. // Black Enterprise;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p24
Reports on the emergence of New Urban Entertainment (NUE) TV that challenges Black Entertainment Television's dominance of black television business.
- MuchMusic, BET Take Aim At 'TRL' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p24
Reports the music television programs by MuchMusic USA and Black Entertainment Television in the United States. Schedule of the MuchMusic's Dedicate Live request show; Program rating of Black Entertainment's 106 & Park request show; Difference between the request shows and the music television...
- BET/HSN preparing split. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/2/96, Vol. 126 Issue 37, p17
Reports that cable television networks Black Entertainment and Home Shopping Network are preparing to shelve a joint venture including a weekly shopping show on BET and a 24-hour network.
- BET launches black movie channel. // New York Amsterdam News;10/19/96, Vol. 87 Issue 42, p26
Focuses on Black Entertainment Network's (BET) venture with Encore Media Group to create BET Movies/Starz 3, a black movie channel. Denzel Washington's involvement in the venture; Where a large body of black films can be found; Names of some of the major investors in the BET Movies/Starz 3...