- Rise of the short message service. Kuittinen, Tero // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar1999, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the growing popularity of text messaging in cellular telephones in the Nordic countries. Target market of the product; Telecommunication operators' concerns that text messaging will cannibalize the voice traffic; Messaging software being developed by the Benefon company.
- Where is the 'G' force? McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jul2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p8
Comments on the wireless communication industry's eagerness to market next-generation mobile telephones. Factors affecting anxiety over market development; Predictions for universal mobile telecommunications systems; Expected annual revenue growth for third-generation market beginning 2010.
- Cellular Smarts. // Current Health 1;Sep2009, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p30
The article offers reminders on the proper use of cell phones.
- Still waiting for the real 3G. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;5/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p28
Describes the third-generation wireless handsets that are available in Asia. Inclusion of built-in digital cameras; Addition of polyphonic sound support; User interface offered.
- Good call. Beck, Bill // Indiana Business Magazine;Dec97, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p16
Provides information on the revolution of wireless communication in Indiana. Advent of wireless mobile phone; Percentage of Indiana residents that are wireless subscribers; Reasons for buying cellular phone.
- Reality check: Satellite-based telephones hit technical and cost bumps. Schweber, Bill // EDN;06/24/99, Vol. 44 Issue 13, p18
Discusses the technical challenges and business risks posed by satellite-based telephones. Testing of the phones' strengths and weaknesses; Key issues related to the use of cellular phones; Use of Iridium phones by journalists and relief workers in the Albania/Kosovo war zone.
- CELL-PHONE WORSHIP. Gurtner, George // New Orleans Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p116
Comments on the extensive use of cellular telephones in New Orleans, Louisiana. Observations on people who use cellular phones; Designs of modern cellular phones; Argument against the use of cell phones inside places of worship.
- Taking the office with you. Williamson, John // Global Telephony;Mar2000, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on developments in wireless communications systems that support the move toward a wireless office. Need for wireless office in business; Features and functions of cellular wireless office products; Current technology and capability gaps in a wireless office. INSETS: Bluetooth fills...
- Finding 3G Applications. Golden, Paul // Global Telephony;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the efforts of wireless telecommunication operators in Europe to explore the possible application of third-generation universal mobile telecommunications system (UMTS) mobile telephone technology. Test areas identified for the 3G service; Business customers predicted to become the...