Networks Stay Hip With Fashion, Style
- Spike TV: Pushing the Limit. Motavalli, John // Television Week;9/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the plan of cable television channel Spike TV to launch television programs designed to attract young male viewers. Opportunities from the target viewers; Kinds of shows that the station will launch; Factors that affect the trend of targeting the young male demography.
- Animal Planet on hunt for younger audiences. Paskin, Willa // Daily Variety;3/15/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 55, p28
Reports on the Animal Planet cable television channel's launch of programming in 2005 and 2006 to attract younger audiences. Introduction of the Simple Pleasures daytime block; Release of a series called "Caught in the Moment"; Description of other programs such as "Doga" and "Backyard Habitat."
- Where the Boys Are. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p30
Focuses on the success of ESPN cable television network in reaching its targeted male audience. Factors which contributed to the increase in ratings and viewership of ESPN cable television network in 2004; Strategy of the network to attract male viewers; Amount of time spent by a U.S. viewer a...
- Sex and the younger viewer. Clehane, Diane // Daily Variety;11/16/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 33, pA25
Focuses on the efforts of women cable networks to woo younger viewers by undergoing a sexual awakening. Addition of dramas with empowering female leads by several networks; Difficulty of understanding women's programming; Competition among women cable networks in gaining younger viewers.
- With a few good men. Levine, Stuart // Variety;2/2/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 11, pA8
Reports on the effort of cable TV History Channel network to attract male TV viewers with its program offerings. Decrease in male viewers of the network; Top-rated shows of the cable channel in 2003; Type of programming subjects that appeal to viewers.
- Passing '50,' Oxygen Seeks Signature. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p19
Reports on the 50 million subscribers achieved by cable channel Oxygen. Plans of the company following its achievement; Competition faced for female viewers; Television shows in the channel; Household ratings from 2002 to 2003.
- Cable nets grab slice of HBO pie. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;4/14/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the competition among cable television in the U.S. Sunday programming of Home Box Office; Percentage of television audience share; Ratings of the television network with the broadcasting of the mini-series "Band of Brother."
- Network Jump-Starts TV Series On the Web. Mack, Ann M. // Adweek;9/13/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 34, p12
This article reports that, as the cable television network WB awaits overnight ratings from last night's premiere of one of its most promising freshman series this season, the network is reveling in viewership results that came from an unlikely source, the Internet. It was the first time a...
- Looking Online For Audiences, Revenue. Kridel, Tim // Multichannel News;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p32
The article discusses the use of Internet and mobile video by religious cable television networks in order to attract viewers. Christian consumers are more likely to have access to Internet, use electronic mail and visit a Web site compared to the general population, according to a spring 2005...