BEFORE AND AFTER KATRINA: TRACKING TWO SYSTEMS
- Putting a Perfect Storm Behind Them. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the recovery of Cox Communications Inc.'s New Orleans team from the effects of Hurricane Katrina in Louisiana. It formed a group to help evacuate more than 100 employees from Cox's Baton Rouge cable system. In addition, the restoration of Cox New Orleans has been 95%...
- LESSONS FROM NEW ORLEANS: ARE WE READY? Mariga, Vanessa // Canadian Underwriter;Aug2007, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p10
The article analyzes the preparedness of Canada for natural disasters of the same magnitude as the 2005 Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. The author narrates the detection of Hurricane Katrina through the systems of New Orleans-based telecommunications company Cox Communications and the failure...
- Getting Back to Pre-Katrina Business. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p22
The article reports on the effort of Cox Communications Inc. to restore its pre-Hurricane Katrina business operation in New Orleans, Louisiana. The company started to recover its lost during the hurricane, mobilizing its cable systems which started to regain subscribers, selling multiple...
- No Joy In Hurricane Outlook. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/29/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p16
Reports on the decision of Jim Cantore, meteorologist of the Weather Channel, to join the hurricane-preparedness fair sponsored by the network and Cox Communications in New Orleans, Louisiana. Forecasted number of hurricanes that will hit the U.S. from June to November 2006 according to the...
- Lessons From Disaster Veterans. Victims Of Katrina Share What They Learned. // Credit Union Journal;8/21/2006, Vol. 10 Issue 33, p28
The article is an excerpt from Credit Union Journal following Hurricane Katrina in which Credit Unions shared their mutual experience of the hurricane and the need to prepare themselves fron any such incidents in the future.
- LESSONS LEARNED FROM KATRINA. LAMBERT, RICHARD // Warrior Citizen;2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p19
The article discusses disaster preparedness lessons learned by U.S. federal and local governments and agencies from the 2005 devastation brought by Hurricane Katrina.
- Who Drowned The Big Easy? What You Haven't Been Told. Plasat, Greg // Yes!;Summer2007, Issue 42, p53
The article offers the author's views on the true cause for the massive crisis when Hurricane Katrina hit in New Orleans which cites a failed emergency evacuation plan combined with busted levees.
- The Restoration Of New Orleans. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p24
The article focuses on the effect of Hurricane Katrina on the facilities and employees of cable company Cox Communications Inc. in New Orleans, Louisiana. Cox had to restore its system of cable wires and electronics to serve its remaining customers in the state. The company sent a doctor from...
- Lessons in Katrina's Wake. Bicket, Greg // Multichannel News;10/30/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p29
The author reflects on the lessons he learned during the hit of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Louisiana. He reveals that as general manager of Cox Communications Inc., he learned that it is critical to have contingency plan that is explained to all their employees. He further points out that...