Asian TV Portal Sets Marketing Effort
- HBO EUROPE GIVES DRAMA FULL 'TREATMENT' Nodler, John // Variety;11/12/2012, Vol. 429 Issue 1, p12
The article looks at the HBO (Home Box Office) Europe network's adaptations of the U.S. television program "In Treatment," including the Polish-language "Bez Tajemnic," the Romanian-language "In Deriva" and the Hungarian-language "Terapia."
- Foreign formats find homes in U.S. Freeman, Laurie // Electronic Media;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p48
Focuses on a trend among cable television networks in the United States to incorporate successful formats from international markets into their programming. Ratings performance of Food Network's Japanese import show `Iron Chef'; Types of shows that work best in the American market; Japanese...
- Premium net's fight for longterm pic rights pays. Hopewell, John // Variety;09/18/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 5, p110
Focuses on the acquisition of foreign television programs by Spain's channel, Canal Plus Espana. Number of foreign pictures that Canal Plus Espana broadcasts a year; Local distributors that signed deals with Canal Plus Espana; What Canal Plus Espana asks when acquiring pay television rights. ...
- Murdoch aside, Italians look home. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Variety;04/05/99, Vol. 374 Issue 7, pM10
Analyzes trends in the television industry in Italy, which will affect the decisions of networks in buying foreign television programs. Dominant players in the domestic market; Regulation of entertainment programming; Preferences of viewers; Deals of local networks with foreign suppliers.
- Teutonic posse rounds up domestic TV flavors. Foreman, Liza // Variety;04/05/99, Vol. 374 Issue 7, pM10
Analyzes trends in the television industry In Germany, which will affect the decisions of networks in buying foreign television programs and selling domestic programs at Mip TV's television market in Cannes, France. Demand for national productions and coproductions; Demand for American...
- Waffling. Stern, Andy // Variety;04/05/99, Vol. 374 Issue 7, pM12
Analyzes trends in the television industry in Belgium, which will affect the decisions of networks in buying foreign television programs at Mip TV's television market in Cannes, France. Competition among buyers for programming; Development of original program formats; Program genres of interest...
- Cool Scandi detente warms up. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;04/05/99, Vol. 374 Issue 7, pM12
Focuses on the buying activities of broadcasting firms for international television programs in Scandinavia. Competition among public broadcasters; Growth of international programming; Alliances among broadcasting firms; Television programs of interest to buyers.
- Eastern bloc views rates of exchange. Meils, Cathy // Variety;04/05/99, Vol. 374 Issue 7, pM12
Reports on trends in television channels' buying activities for international television programs in Eastern Europe. Demand for cross-territory rights; Buying strategies resulting from increased competition; Changes in programming slates.
- Merger mania means minimal sales at Mip. Goyoaga, Beatriz // Variety;04/05/99, Vol. 374 Issue 7, pM18
Reports on the effects of mergers and the continuing economic slump to the buying activity of Argentina's television networks at the Mip TV's television market in Cannes, France. Deals of major networks with suppliers of foreign television programs; Networks' representatives at the event.