Ancier Sits Atop BBC in U.S
- BBC to slash its creative services roster to less than half its size. Banks, Tom // Design Week;8/5/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
The article reports on the plan of the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) to reduce its creative services from the current size of 16 consultancies to just seven in Great Britain.
- BBC shouts about Digital Radio. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul2003, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the commitment of the cable television network broadcaster British Broadcasting Corp. with DAB digital radio for on-air promotional campaign to promote a complete portfolio of its digital radio stations. Features of the campaign; Results of the research conducted by Digital Radio...
- Warner net nears program chief choice. // MediaWeek;4/18/94, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p4
Reports on speculations on the naming of Garth Ancier as WB Network's head of programming. Ancier's career history.
- Garth rebuts. Fleming, Michael // Variety;6/27/94, Vol. 355 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Garth Ancier registered protest about the assertion that the Warner Bros.' (WB) network would start with four shows generated by WB's production division. Shows were rejected by other networks.
- Ancier carries flag for the BBC. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/20/2007, Vol. 398 Issue 20, p50
The article announces the appointment of Garth Ancier as president of BBC Worldwide Americas' U.S. operations.
- THE BEEB BECKONS. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;2/14/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 34, p1
The article reports that television veteran executive Garth Ancier has been appointed to a newly created post, president of U.S. operations of BBC Worldwide Americas Inc. in the U.S.
- Public opposes BBC licence fee in DCMS consultation survey. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;7/23/2004, Issue 30, p7
Two-thirds of the public believe the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) should not be funded by the licence fee alone, according to a report into the future funding of the corporation. However, the survey, called What You Said About the BBC, also concluded that the licence fee was considered the...
- In Brief: Somalia. // New African;Jun2006, Issue 452, p25
The article reports that according to Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf, the U.S. is financing a coalition of Somali warlords who battled Islamic groups in Mogadishu, Somalia. Yusuf adds that the funding is stimulating the civil war in the country. According to the British Broadcasting Corp.,...
- NEWSIE'S WAR CRY IRKS PEERS. // Variety;11/19/2001, Vol. 385 Issue 1, p2
Presents the remarks made by BBC television network correspondent John Simpson about the role of the network in driving the Talibans out of Kabul, Afghanistan. Allegations that Simpson entered Kabul ahead of the Northern Alliance troops simultaneously with other competing news broadcasters.