AT&T to Flip On Qualcomm's Live Mobile-Video Platform
- Is One Bill Your Best Call? Turner, Rob // Money;Apr99, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p179
Discusses the cost of AT&T's bundled payment plan. Discussion of other plans, including the Personal Network plan; AT&T's One Rate Plus; How heavy wireless users can get low rates; Reaction from AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel. INSET: Early warning.
- Wireless communications for workplace. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/20/93, Vol. 40 Issue 51, p28
Announces AT&T's rollout of its TransTalk 9000 Digital Wireless System, a multiphone, multiline system which serves to kick off a family of digital wireless communication systems. Release of AT&T Digital Business Cordless; Features and capacities of both systems; Pricing.
- A plot to rule the world? Meyers, Jason // Telephony;03/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on AT&T's plans for wireless local services. Plans to deploy the company's own proprietary wireless platform; Beta test the company plans to launch in Chicago, Illinois in 1997; Comparison with wireless services provided by other telecommunication companies.
- The distinguishing feature. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;04/27/98, Vol. 234 Issue 17, p84
Details the focus of the 1998 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium's Second Annual Global Summit on time division multiple access (TDMA) technology. AT&T Corp.'s suppliers of wireless office systems infrastructure; Need for operators to offer countless other features to stay competitive.
- AT&T taking wireless Web to global scale. // Business Journal (Central New York);8/08/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p9
Reports that AT&T is beginning to offer remote wireless access to its industry-leading virtual, private-network services in the U.S. Ability of the travelers to access their secure corporate networks from hotels and airports worldwide; Adoptation of computer network protocols access service...
- ENDLESS LOOP. Myers, Jason // Telephony;01/21/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 2, p9
Discusses the fear and controversy created when project Angel of AT&T was exposed in 1997. Concept of fixed wireless; Cost constraints of deployment; Information on residential markets.
- TDMA beats CDMA at AT&T. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/14/95, Vol. 229 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the commitment of AT&T to deploy the enhanced IS-136 version of time division multiple access (TDMA) systems in its personal communication services markets. Impetus for the company's TDMA commitment; Company's partner in the deployment effort.
- AT&T's local bypass bid. Finneran, Michael // Business Communications Review;Apr97, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the introduction by AT&T of fixed wireless systems to compete with LEC wireline services. Pilot test; Connection of base stations via a Sonet ring; Access links to a radio receiver at customer location; Transmission rate from each customer site; Absence of announcement on the pricing...
- Confusion a la mMode. Luna, Lynnette // Wireless Review;Nov2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p12
Presents an article on the reliability of the AT&T Wireless Find Friends location service. Limitations of the service according to AT&T; Comment on the capabilities of the mMode phones in locating certain destinations.