MTVN's World Shrinks
- Staffers brace for layoffs coming soon at MTV Nets. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/13/2007, Vol. 398 Issue 16, p4
The article reports on the expectation that MTV Networks will announce 250 layoffs according to an internal memorandum from Judy McGrath, chairman and CEO of Viacom-owned division. The reductions are being made with an intention on consolidating functions at a company that has long maintained a...
- MTV'S McGrath Stepping Down. Lafayette, Jon; Morabito, Andrea // Broadcasting & Cable;5/9/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 19, p14
The article reports on the resignation of Judy McGrath as the chief executive officer (CEO) of MTV Networks.
- Pinkslips sound sour note at MTV. ZEITCHIK, STEVEN // Daily Variety;2/13/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 33, p1
This article reports that Viacom is retrenching 250 staff positions across MTV networks. Specifically the retrench will be affecting about 6% of the total workforce of MTV Network. The retrenchment will happen across all the cable television of Viacom including VH1, Nickelodeon and Spike. CEO of...
- MTV Thins Ranks to Focus on Digital. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;2/19/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the reorganizations at MTV Networks. The company's president and chief executive officer (CEO) Judy McGrath fired about 250 U.S. staffers, eliminating people and scaling back or closing smaller networks in order to concentrate on digital opportunities. The company is...
- McGrath mandate: Pick up the tempo at VH1. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/19/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 33, p3
Reports the responsibility of Judy McGrath as president of MTV Networks Music Group on managing the troubled VH1 music cable channel. Decrease in the primetime share of VH1; Reasons behind the drop in the ratings of VH1; Speculations on the strategies to be employed by McGrath to save VH1.
- McGrath Makes Changes at MTV. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;10/11/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p3
Reports on the reorganization in the management structure of MTV Networks made by CEO Judy McGrath. Expansion of the responsibilities of executives Van Toffler and Brian Graden; Return of Larry Divney as chief operating officer of the company; Responsibilities of Toffler and Graden.
- New era unfolds at MTV Nets. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;5/6/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 24, p1
The article reports that the resignation of MTV Networks chief executive officer (CEO) Judy McGrath indicates the new era of management as she was the last senior executive of the startup team.
- MTV cues cuts but 'TRL' remains. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;2/15/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 35, p20
The article reports on the changes at the MTV Networks Inc. in the U.S. Among these alterations are the laying-off of staff in MTV's "Total Request Live" show, which is also rumored to go off air. As a part of the overhaul, MTV World was also shut down and general manager of MTV2, David Cohn,...
- Learning from the Past -- Downsizing Lessons for Managers. Gandolfi, Franco // Journal of Management Research (09725814);Apr2008, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p3
Downsizing as a change management strategy has been adopted by companies and governmental agencies since the 1970s. While workforce reductions were utilized mainly in response to organizational and economic crises prior to the mid-1980s, downsizing developed into a proactive restructuring...