THIS JUST IN
- Fox family has October due date for Girlz, Boyz. Bednarski, P.J.; McConville, Jim; Hall, Lee; Shaw., Russell // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p1A
Presents news items concerning the United States cable industry as of December 7, 1998. Includes Fox Family Channel's launching of its two digital networks, the Boys Channel and the Girlz Channel, in October 1999; Programs the will be unveiled by Court TV in January 1999; Launch of Fanfare: The...
- Court TV primes its docket. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;7/15/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that Court TV has started programming for its recently re-branded primetime television program named "Court TV Seriously Entertaining." Earlier Court TV had announced that it was going to split its daytime and primetime.
- Court TV's docket includes original pix. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/28/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 19, p2
Reports that Court TV is planning to commission original movies dealing with criminal justice. Examples of rerun television series to be broadcast by the network; List of some motion pictures commissioned by Court TV.
- Court TV buys crime movie package. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;02/01/99, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p42
Reports that Court TV will introduce its first general entertainment movies starting February 6, 1999 under its weekend movie block, Crime Time Movies. Driving force behind the move; Titles included in the block; Purpose behind the move.
- Dish Sets a Date: Feb. 1. Moss, Linda; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;1/29/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the impact of EchoStar Communication Corp.'s dispute with its two programmers on its decision whether to still carry Court TV on its satellite service in the U.S. Echostar chairman Charlie Ergen said he might permanently replace Court TV on his Dish Network service if a...
- Court TV Taps Fuse's Juris To Give the Net Some Edge. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;8/23/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p8
Reports on the appointment of Marc Juris as general manager of Court TV in August 2004. Responsibilities of Juris.
- Court TV, WCBS ink content pact. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;10/04/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 23, p3
Reports the deal between Court TV and television station WCBS in the United States. Supplement of programs from the cable network; Plan of diversifying and expanding the news coverage offered in CBS 2; Commission of additional hours for the programming of 'Nightline.'
- Blink. Whitney, Daisy; Halonen, Doug // Television Week;3/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p4
The article presents news briefs related to television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 6, 2006. Court TV is developing its trial niche into ever-smaller audience share. Last year the network introduced its first online product, a monthly subscription service called Court TV Extra, to...
- Comcast, Court TV Violated Caption Rules. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the violation of caption rule for television programming by Comcast Corp. and cable television network Court TV in the United States. Failure of the companies to provide closed-captioned programming for the hearing impaired; Need for Comcast to ensure federal compliance.