FILM, MTV DRIVE VIACOM'S RATING
- Business/Finance:. // CableFAX Daily;6/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 116, p3
Reports on the decision of Viacom to sell $750 million of floating rate notes due in 2009 at par in a private offering to qualified institutional buyers.
- Cabler spikes up its image. Haldeman, Allan; Larson, Jess // Daily Variety;6/12/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 47, p47
Highlights the rechristening party for Viacom Inc.'s male cabler at the Playboy Mansion. Appearance of rapper Busta Rhymes; Performance of Carmen Electra; List of revelers.
- Operators Prepare to Ante Up for TV Land. Moss, Linda; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p23
Reports that Viacom plans to collect carriage fees from cable television operators for its TV Land cable network in the United States as of December 11, 2000. Background on Viacom's free-carriage deals for the network with cable television operators.
- THE CABLERS. // Variety;10/02/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 7, p52
Presents news briefs concerning the cable television industry in the United States as of October 2000. Management reorganization at Viacom's MTVi; Increase in the number of viewers of the cable television network TNN through its program `WWF Raw Is War'; Cancellation of two television programs...
- Worldwire. Johnson, Debra // Broadcasting & Cable;4/1/96, Vol. 126 Issue 14, p49
Presents various briefs on broadcasting and companies in the business. Plans by CNBC to establish a Brazilian service in 1996; Plans to sell stake in VH1 and Nickelodeon Germany by Viacom; Travel Channel Latin America's deal with Net Brasil.
- Viacom, MCA pact fizzles over tax issues. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;10/28/96, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p40
Reports on Viacom's and MCA's termination of negotiations to settle their counter breach-of-contract lawsuits over the amalgamated ownership of the USA Network and the Sci-Fi Channel. Details on the resumption of trial proceedings; What influence the discontinuation of talks; Terms and...
- Par plants evergreen plan. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter;7/13/95, Vol. 338 Issue 3, p15
Reports on Paramount Domestic Television Distribution's strategies in marketing classic television shows in the United States to maximize the potential of Viacom and Paramount classic television libraries. Focus of Paramount's `Emerging Television Stations Plan'; View on the potentials in...
- Gay net yet to come out of closet. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/25/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the brainstorming of executives of Viacom and Pridevision for a cable television network aimed at gays and lesbians. Barriers for the proposed network; Description of Viacom and Pridevision; Complications for cable operators.
- Viacom faces the music, OKs MTV2. Robins, J. Max // Variety;3/4/96, Vol. 362 Issue 5, p57
States that Viacom has approved a new network with MTV2. Description of the MTV2; Major factors affecting channel capacity; Prediction for the future of MTV2; Details of a blueprint for MTV2; Factors affecting the launch of MTV2; Investigation of MTV Networks by Booz Allen & Hamilton.