Firms Fight Cyren Call
- GO TO. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 42, p3
This article reports that the International Emmy World Television Festival set on November 22-23, 2014 at the Sofitel Hotel in New York would bring together industry professionals from more than 60 countries to celebrate and discuss TV around the world.
- Cable TV targeted by McCain. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;11/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p2
Focuses on a statement by U.S. Republican Senator John McCain that cable television industry will be the topmost target on his legislative agenda after he assumes the chairmanship of the Senate Commerce Committee in January 2003. McCain's concerns about cable competition; Rejection of a merger...
- Licenses Linked to Local. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;7/28/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p8
Reports on the plan of John McCain, chairman of the Commerce Committee in the U.S. Senate, to introduce a legislation requiring television stations for more coverage of local public issues and political candidates. Support of McCain in reducing the period between broadcast license renewal;...
- Senate panel to vote on DTV bill. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/21/2004, Vol. 385 Issue 38, p4
This article reports that the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee plans to vote this week on a legislation, sponsored by the panel's chairman, Senator John McCain, that would require broadcasters to abandon their current analog television channels and switch solely to digital transmissions by 2009....
- McCain floating bill to reduce FCC power. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1A
Focuses on United States Senate Commerce Committee Chairman John McCain's plan to introduce legislation based on a draft bill that would reduce the Federal Communications Commission's regulatory authority over television broadcasters. Main purpose of the draft; Broadcasters' reaction to the...
- On the Hill. // CableFAX Daily;11/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 214, p2
The article reports on the status of the transition to digital television broadcasting in the U.S. proposed by Senator John McCain.
- Hill frowns on TV auctions. Gimein, Mark // MediaWeek;Apr96, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p12
Reports on Senator John McCain's prediction that digital television licenses will be free to broadcasters in the United States. Effects of the passage of the 1996 Telecommunications Act on digital television licenses.
- McCain Delays Cap Legislation. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;9/29/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p4
Reports on the decision of Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) to delay legislation that will govern national TV ownership in the U.S. Reasons underlying his decision; Provisions of the legislation; Implications of the legislation for the TV industry; Perception of McCain on the provisions of the...
- Courting McCain: Funds flow in. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;03/29/99, Vol. 129 Issue 13, p19
Reports on television networks and the National Association of Broadcasters' contribution to United States Senator John McCain in 1997-1998. Amount received by McCain from the satellite television industry; McCain's sponsorship of legislation affecting the broadcasting industry; NAB's campaign...