Retail Stars do Video Downloads
- Comcast Pitches EspaÃ±ol Everywhere. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p24
The article reports on the initiative of the U.S.-based cable operator Comcast Corp. to triple the amount of Spanish-language video on demand and offer more than 500 motion pictures and shows online for Latino audiences.
- Comcast pumps its streaming service. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;10/26/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on the launching of Xfinity TV series' free online portion by Comcast for its 23.2 million subscribers in the U.S.
- Comcast Tests IPTV Service. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;6/6/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p8
The article reports on a test being conducted by Comcast Corp. on the Xcalibur Internet-based television platform, which is intended to personalize television viewing.
- COMCAST XFINITY TV ON WI-FI. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;10/18/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p18
This article announces the launch by Comcast of Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) locations for its Internet-based Xfinity TV.
- New Streaming Services Strain To Retain. Thielman, Sam // Adweek;3/5/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p14
The article focuses on TV Everywhere, an Internet television joint venture of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc.
- Here's How You'll Be Able To Watch TV On Twitter. Alter, Charlotte // Time.com;10/11/2013, p1
The article discusses how social media company Twitter will collaborate with mass media and communications company Comcast to feature a "See It" button next to tweets regarding Comcast-owned NBC Universal content, allowing subscribers to watch or record television shows.
- Comcast's 'Stream' Aims for Millennials. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;7/20/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p3
The article offers information on the Stream, a new Internet-protocol-delivered service, from Comcast.
- NUMBER 17. // Multichannel News;8/24/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p17
The article reports on the sales of Prism TV which is an internet protocol (IP) pay television service from communications company CenturyLink Inc. in several markets and mentions that the company is a competitor to mass media company Comcast Corp.
- 5 ways toâ€¦ditch your TV. Trapani, Gina // Women's Health;Oct2008, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p68
The article offers ways to discontinue use of television. According to the author, most major networks play episodes of many television shows right over a Web browser, for free. One can also download the free video player Miro and then subscribe to and save any of the more than 5,000 channels of...