- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.
- Cable companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p22
Ranks cable companies in New Jersey by number of homes wired in 1997. Includes Comcast Cablevision of New Jersey; TCI of Northern New Jersey; Garden State Cable TV; TKR Cable Co.; Cablevision of Monmouth.
- Untitled. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p34
Reports on developments in the broadcasting and cable industries. Settlement of General Instrument and Scientific-Atlanta's patent dispute regarding scrambling systems for satellite and cable signals; Development by Texas Instruments of computer chips incorporating the Dolby AC-3 audio...
- Untitled. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/94, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p47
Reports on developments in the cable industry for the week ended January 10, 1994. Development of a cable network by Nelson Goldberg, president and chief executive of Gaming Entertainment Television; Reiss Media Entertainment's announcement of bringing `Chippendales' to pay per view;...
- Cable's new guard. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/28/94, Vol. 124 Issue 48, p50
Lists the new cable networks in the United States. Includes Adam & Eve Channel; American Political Channel; America's Health Network; America's Talking; Animal Planet; Applause; Arts & Antique Network; ATN, The Automotive Television Network; Advertising Television; The Auto Channel; BET-Home...
- Cable programmers delay separate association. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p16
Reports that cable programmers in the United States is putting on hold their plans to form their own trade association. Sensitivity of the issue; Concerns raised by programmers.
- Headendings. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p31
Features news related to cable television programs in the United States. Cable Health Club's agreement with Time Warner, Adelphia and Cablevision Systems; Viewer's Choice multiyear deal with Universal Pay Television; TNT's addition to its weeknight schedule.
- Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p31
Presents the top 15 basic cable programs for the week of November 28 to December 4, 1994.