Catching Up With Latinos on the Move
- 3G mobiles to be 56% of all sales. // Electronics Weekly;1/16/2002, Issue 2035, p7
Reports on the forecast of Yankee Group company about the sales of third generation mobile telephones in Europe in 2006. Forecast on the slow down of handset sales in 2001; Estimated growth rate of handset sales in 2001.
- Messaging moves from ears to thumbs to eyes. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p12
Focuses on the emergence of picture messaging in cellular telephones offered by wireless carriers. Evolution of cellular phones; Picture messaging services launched by carriers in Europe; Free trials on multimedia messaging service offered by carriers.
- Base station deployments in Europe to double by 2005. // RCR;02/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p28
Forecasts increase in base station deployments of cellular radio in Europe in 2005. Estimated growth of deployment; Leadership of Netherlands and Belgium during the forecast period; Impact of the exceptional performance of the cellular market on rate of base station deployment.
- Chinese mobile sector matches Europe, says TTPCom director. Wilson, Richard // Electronics Weekly;4/9/2003, Issue 2094, p14
Reports that the cellular telephone sector in China is developing into a sophisticated market to match Europe, according to Richard Fry, sales and marketing director at TTPCom. Deployment of global system for mobile communication and General Packet Radio Service; Telecommunication companies...
- RCR's top 40 cellular markets. // RCR;12/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 52, pS4
Presents the top 40 cellular telephone and service markets in the United States according to rankings for 1999. Includes Los Angeles, California; New York City; Chicago, Illinois; Washington, D.C.; Baltimore, Maryland.
- Ring out the old, ring in the new. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;3/23/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p26
Focuses on the projected increase in the number of cellular telephones in Puerto Rico brought by the entry of new cellular telephone companies in the island. Market demand driven by accelerating wireless technology; Improvement of billing method to attract more customers; Names of new cellular...
- Ratings: Cellular phones. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;1999, p236
Evaluates several cellular telephones and lists them based on their overall score.
- Creating solutions for cellular skeptics. Quinn, Kelly J. // RCR;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p92
Offers suggestions on how wireless operators and handset vendors can increase the level of cellular telephone adoption in the United States. Details of Strategy Analytics' `Wireless Market Monitor 1999' survey; Cost of handsets; Nonusers' belief that cellular service is not necessary; Key...
- Wireless Survey Finds Opportunities For Dealers. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/27/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the survey of cellular telephone subscribers conducted by Peter D. Hart Associates for the United States-based Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association. Cellular telephone subscribers' plan to replace their telephones.