Marketers Put Their Brand on Programs
- UN's digital bows. // Daily Variety;10/28/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 19, p6
Reports that TLN Telelatino, an ethnic specialty channel, will launch three premium Italian digital television channels in one package in Canada in November 2004.
- VANITIES. // Vanity Fair;Jan2005, Issue 533, p72
Features the TV program "The Magazine" in the U.S. Description of one episode titled "Lunch-with-Hitchens Challenge;" Accusation made to Edwin Coaster for sabotaging the TV franchise in the telephone; Response of Leslie Moonves, chairman and CEO of CBS TV network, regarding the matter.
- passions: Doctor Who. // BOYZ;12/11/2008, Issue 902, p78
The article focuses on the television program "Doctor Who." The show was originally made as a children's program, but it became more adult over the years. The author shares his experience of attending a "Doctor Who" convention in Newcastle, England. The author was amazed to see the age span of...
- friends till the end. // Cosmo Girl;May2004, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p52
Presents a quiz about the episodes and cast of the television program "Friends."
- Here's to Local Yokels. Bednarski, P. J. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p49
Presents an article on the concept of the variety show "Gimme the Mike!," from Post-Newsweek. Views on local television in the U.S.
- THE FACTUAL COMMISSION. // Televisual;Winter2004 Supplement, p19
Focuses on reality television programs in London, England. Opportunities for growth of the reality television business; Inspiration of ideas through slot-driven and commission-driven approaches; Development fund by the television broadcaster.
- 'Lost' in Transition. Jensen, Jeff; Armstrong, Jennifer // Entertainment Weekly;4/20/2007, Issue 930, p10
The article discusses the television program "Lost." Even though the show is seeing lower ratings than previous seasons, it is still number one in its time slot for the 18 to 49 demographic. The falling ratings have been blamed on the show's frustrating mysteriousness, which the producers are...
- EYE-OPENING RATINGS. Kissel, Rick // Daily Variety;11/19/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 36, p4
Reports that Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) has topped the November 2004 television ratings. Assessment on CBS's programming; Reasons behind CBS' victory; Details on the television ratings.
- McEnroe gets prod'n ace. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;8/13/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 29, p2
Reports on the selection of veteran TV producer Woody Fraser to take over the making of the TV program "McEnroe" in the U.S. Reason for the move; Titles of TV programs Fraser has been involved in so far in his career; Views of Bob Meyers, SVP of programming for CNBC, regarding the matter.