Ops Look to 'Playlists' To Unlock Ad Potential
- TV spend competes with 'demand'. // Medical Marketing & Media;Aug2008, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p20
The article offers views on the issue whether video-on-demand (VOD) and other targeted cable advertising vehicles deplete spending on network television (TV) in the U.S. Stephen Trask suggests that pharmaceutical marketers focus their resources on channels that the consumers trust and use. David...
- PLANET MEDIA. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;8/11/2006, p12
This article presents information about new developments related to advertising. CNN has introduced an online citizen journalism platform which allows the users to upload digital audio or video containing news from their region. KT, Korea's dominant telecom operator, is planning to launch...
- Have Good Content, Will Watch Ads. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;6/6/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p38
Discusses the viability of video-on-demand (VOD) as an advertising medium. Vital step towards legitimizing VOD as a viable revenue stream; Factors that are increasing the use of VOD as an advertising medium; Advantages provided by VOD advertising.
- TIME WARNER SERVICE CUTS TO THE QUICK. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p16
The article reports on Time Warner Cable's creation of a video-on-demand service in which advertising spots and the programming itself ca be updated easily and rapidly. The Quick Clips service gives viewers access to short-form, on-demand content from participating channels in the United States....
- A study of exotic Long Island reveals stubborn attachment to primitive linear TV. Strauss, Matthew // Cable World (10427228);6/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p42
Focuses on a study conducted by Sapient Research in Long Island, New York concerning video-on-demand services. Reasons behind the slow adoption of VOD; Suggestions on the promotion of VOD; Potential use of free-on-demand model in VOD services.
- FRAME GRAB. // Broadcast Engineering;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p54
Presents a graph on the percentage of American on-demand usage as of May 2005.
- VOD servers--Equations and solutions. Hardin, Glen; Sherer, W. Paul // CED;Aug2005, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p32
Looks at trends in video-on-demand (VOD) technology. Basic variables to the VOD equation; Factor influencing the change in the original server performance equation; Real-time acquisition-based services.
- DirecTV bows on-demand service. // CED;Aug2008, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the admiration of DirectTV Inc. to video-on-demand service (VOD). It mentions that the DirectTV has announced its appreciation to VOD service despite of its slow transmission and cites that the firm launched its VOD to its clients in the U.S. in June 2008 after its...
- Trends Driving VoD In 2016. // Broadcast & CableSat;12/30/2015, p1
The article reports on the trends that will drive the online video on demand industry in 2016 including smart penetration, diverse content and the launch of the 4G telecommunication technology.