EchoStar, DirecTV Settle Search Spat
- U.S. satellite homes top 10M. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/11/99, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the number of digital satellite receiver homes in the United States at the end of the third quarter of 1999. Reports from DirecTV and EchoStar Communications Corp.
- DirecTV on the way; are buyers? Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;01/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p124
Reports that some television experts in the United State believe that DirecTV's plans to broadcast two channels of high-definition (HD) programming may cause an increase in the sales of digital television sets. Number of broadcasters expected to offer high-definition signals by the time digital...
- ULTIMATE BIRD DEAL. Hettrick, Scott // Daily Variety;06/13/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on a partnership signed by Microsoft Corp. and DirecTV Inc. to offer the UltimateTV satellite-digital video recorder-Internet access system. Description of how the service will work; Expansion goal for the service.
- Google TV Coming This Fall. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;9/13/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p12
The article announces the launch of Google TV which will be features by the high definition TV (HDTV) and Blu-ray disc player of Sony and by a set-top box from Logitech.
- Google TV Gets Its Formal Unveiling. TARR, GREG // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/7/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p50
This article reports on the collaboration formed by Google with Sony, Logitech, Rovi and others to develop and market Google TV-enabled products that will be based on the Android software platform.
- Google Can't Change Broadband Economics. // Multichannel News;8/13/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p26
The article offers information on Google Inc.'s Google Fiber service, priced at 70 dollars per month for one Gigabit per second of symmetrical bandwidth with an optional television (TV) package.
- Competition Drives Digital-Sub Growth. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p20
Reports on the continued growth of consumer demand for digital video service in the first months of 2000. Subscriber growth for both digital cable and direct broadcast satellite providers; Estimated number of residential subscribers in the United States; Statistics on new subscribers at DirecTV...
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;2/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p2
Reports on the launch of local high definition television channels by EchoStar in Chicago, Illinois in 2006.
- DATAMONITOR: The DIRECTV Group, Inc. // Hughes Electronics Corporation SWOT Analysis;Jul2009, p1
The article presents a corporate profile for The DirecTV Inc., one of the leading providers of digital television entertainment in the U.S. and Latin America. DirecTV is a provider of satellite-based direct-to-home (DTH) digital television services. It is noted that the company has posted 19,693...