Verizon Hikes Prices
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- Cable TV Loses Ground. // TV Technology;1/5/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on data from TVB.org which found that wired-cable penetration of American television (TV) households has declined as consumers tend to shift to alternative delivery systems.
- Cable Upping HD as Revenue Growth Ebbs. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/30/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p12
The article reports on the plan of multiple system cable TV operators (MSOs) to advance high-definition (HD) platforms come 2008 in a bid to address the decline in subscriber growth and increased competition from satellite and telephone carriers. Cox Communications is providing five free...
- D3 deployment updates. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the deployment of Comcast Corp.'s D3 service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and San Francisco, California. It states that Comcast deployed the D3 service in about 50% of its entire footprint in July 2009. It notes that Comcast has announced that it would deploy D3 service...
- BAD TIME FOR HD BOX SHORTAGE. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;3/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p40
The article provides information concerning on the high density (HD) boxes for cable operators in the U.S. Most operators placed orders for HD boxes with integrated security in fall 2006. Cable operators stop deploying digital set-tops with their security embedded inside on July 1, 2007....
- Troubles in FiOS-land. Powderly, II, Henry E. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/7/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p46A
The article provides information on the move of Verizon to discontinue its provision of fiber optic service (FiOS) subscription. It stresses that the undertaken cut in the subscription comes from the company's insufficiency of the offered Motorola-made high-definition cable boxes. Further, it...
- Biz bumps tab for TV. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;1/11/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the move of subscription television (TV) providers to increase prices, despite the drops in subscribers. According to a research report by Stanford Bernstein, almost all of the major satellite, cable, and telephone companies that offer TV service are lifting their prices....
- MORE CABLE TV CHOICE FOR ROWLEY, MASS. // RBOC Update;Feb2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
This article reports that Verizon launched the FiOS TV service to cable television (TV) consumers in Rowley, Massachusetts. FiOS is the only TV service delivered over fiber network directly connecting to millions of individual homes and businesses. Because FiOS TV has more capacity, it is an...
- Fees to Pay Bill Over Phone Are Common, Even in Cable. // Multichannel News;1/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on the issue concerning fees for payments online or over the phone which has become a standard practice among telecommunications providers including cable companies.