Cox Tackles Signal Thefts in Arizona
- Seattle Seeks Data Privacy Protection. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p16
Reports the protection for cable-modem customers in Seattle, Washington. Involvement of Comcast Corp. with incumbent system; Operation of AT&T Broadband and Millennium Digital Media under privacy guidelines; Changes in the privacy policies of the companies.
- Cablevision rounds up pirates. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;2/17/97, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p44
Focuses on the largest electronic antitheft action initiated by the New York-based Cablevision Systems Corp. Use of an electronic bullet; Estimated business loss from illegal services; Punishment for those selling illegal boxes; Plans for those receiving illegal signals; Hope for an increased...
- Internet security challenges. Krauss, Jeffrey // CED;Dec2000, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p202
Focuses on the Internet security challenges faced by the cable television industry. Retransmission of programming; Security of digital encryption; Security breaches in digital satellite systems.
- Ops warned to guard computer systems. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;02/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p16
Urges cable television operators in the United States to pay more attention to securing vital computer systems. Concerns over hacker attacks, such as one that crashed the Cable News Network's Web site; Deployment of high-tech products that run service failure risks; Percentage of US companies...
- This week in CB history. Duperray, Martha Dreyer // Caribbean Business;8/7/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 31, p19
The article offers information on the news and issues in Puerto Rico published in the August 1975 issue of the periodical "Caribbean Business." One of the news is the announcement that all employees will be required to pay 2.95% payroll tax starting January 1, 1978. Other news and issues include...
- Considering Conditional Access. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p29
The article discusses developments in conditional access (CA) technology in television smart cards. It is noted that concern began in 2008 when hackers found ways to circumvent the protections smart cards afforded cable and satellite companies. The article elaborates on Comcast's investments...
- Cable thieves beware. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;02/23/98, Vol. 234 Issue 8, p94
Reports on CableLabs' contract with RSA Data Security Inc. to develop a security system that will be included in cable modems and set-top boxes. Use of public key and symmetrical encryption; Two-line defense against theft of service and data corruption; Benefits to cable operators.
- Fighting Theft Requires Autonomy and PR. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
Discusses the results of the cable and broadband security case study competition sponsored by the Broadband and Internet Security Task Force for 2003. Overview of the winning entry from Geff Denee, technical director of the signal security department of Time Warner Cable's Syracuse, New York...
- Security tips for the holidays. // USA Today Magazine;Dec96, Vol. 125 Issue 2619, p1
Offers advice about reducing the risk of theft during the holidays. Suggestions from the Security Industry Association; Information from a Gallup poll about the number of people who will go away during the holidays; Comments on con artists who take advantage of people's generosity; Advice about...