Comcast Stretches IPG
- Gemstar Guides Comcast Home. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p2
Reports that Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. has signed Comcast Corp. to a 20-year deal to license its interactive program guide. Terms of agreement; Benefits from the agreement.
- TV GUIDE, COMAG FORMING ALLIANCE. // Circulation Management;May2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the strategic alliance between Gemstar-TV Guide International and COMAG Marketing Group, to handle single-copy distribution for 'TV Guide' and TV Guide Distribution (TVGD) clients, in April 2002. Significance of the alliance to Gemstar; List of clients of TVGD; Clients of TVGD which...
- IPG Effort Takes Shape. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p2
Reports on the efforts of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. and Comcast Corp. to complete the development of their joint venture to create interactive program guides. Decision of Comcast to engage in a long-term patent license and distribution agreement with Gemstar; Management team of the...
- Jeff Shell Game: Leaves Gemstar, Comcast Looms. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the resignation of Jeff Shell as CEO of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. Reason for his resignation; Speculation that Shell is the leading contender to take the Comcast position that would involve oversight for its content portfolio; Appointment of Rich Battista to replace Shell.
- Gemstar Sets VOD Net. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the launch of a video-on-demand (VOD) channel from Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. by Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable in the U.S. Programming content of the VOD channel; Collaboration of Gemstar-TV Guide with mobile telephone carriers for the VOD service; Expectations on the...
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;6/23/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p28
Presents news briefs regarding firms involved in broadband communications as on June 23, 2003. Defeat faced by Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. in a patent law suit over electronic programming guide technology; Purchase of additional capacity of fiber optic cable by Cox Communications Inc.;...
- Gemstar and Comcast Are Partners on IPG. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the partnership between Comcast Corp. and Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. to develop interactive program guides. License agreement signed by Comcast with Gemstar; Terms under the agreement; Benefits of the deal on Comcast.
- 'I-Guide' Starts to Roll Out. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p6
This article focuses on I-Guide. It is designed to make it easier for subscribers to navigate both linear and on-demand programming. Comcast Corp., which developed the "I-Guide" with Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc., through their joint venture, recently began testing the new IPG on a few...
- Gemstar wagers on Youbet.com. Doman, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/22/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 20, p57
Reports on the strategic partnership between online betting company Youbet.com and Gemstar-TV Guide International to develop Youbet's horse race betting system for the Internet and interactive television. Benefits of the alliance to both companies; Racetracks that will be included in Gemstar's...