ABC Family Resolves Its New Year's Slate
- Czech casters find that H'w'd has lost its glitter. Meils, Cathy // Variety;09/28/98, Vol. 372 Issue 7, pM22
Reports on the search of Czech programmers for the mid-sized locally made hits that keep viewers tuning in. Reason for the move; Details on the three broadcasters that are staking out their separate target audiences.
- Pubcaster RTVE leads Spanish team. // Variety;1/31/94, Vol. 353 Issue 13, p32
Reports on Spanish RTVE's sales team heading to Monte Carlo for marketing Spanish television programs. David Nogueira as head of RTVE's sales team; Tele Cinco sharing space with Berlusconi group; Tele Cinco team includes executive Valerio Lazarov, purchase vice president Antonio Pozueco and...
- Discop '98 hungry for U.S. programs. Nadler, John; Meils, Cathy // Variety;06/29/98, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on price commanded by United States (US) program sellers at Discop '98 in Hungary. Details on the prices of US television programs; Comment from Patrick Jucaud of Discop '98; Deals offered by US sellers.
- Euro buyers seek out quality programming. Boehm, Erich // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the emphasis on quality programming of European buyers in the L.A. Screenings, a sales bazaar for television shows. Comments from European buyers; Trends in British television production; Production budget at Channel 4; Implication of the maturation of television channels.
- Latin buyers prepare for program shopping spree. Sutter, Mary // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p44
Looks at the significance of the L.A. Screenings, a sales bazaar for television shows, as a TV market for Latin America. Information on Multivision, a Mexican cabler to attend the 1998 event; Comments from Ignacio Duran of TV Azteca; Other benefits of the L.A. Screenings; Changes in Columbia's...
- Deals bop at Discop East. Nadler, John // Daily Variety;6/28/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 60, p4
The article reports on the closure of NATPE's 18th Discop East, the Central and Eastern Europe's premier television programming market.
- Going Coastal. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/15/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 39, pS-1
Reports on the holding of the Monte Carlo Television Festival and Market slated February 17-23, 2000. Factors credited for the success factors of the market; Sale of Eastern European television programs; Purchase of programs from German companies which have taken the rights for all German...
- While global economies falter, screenings grow. Williams, Michael // Variety;09/28/98, Vol. 372 Issue 7, pM6
Reports that global economies will collapse but the buying and selling of television programs will continue largely uninterrupted at Mipcom TV market on October 5-9, 1998 in Cannes, France. Asian countries that will not attend at the event; Observation of Rene Peres, director of the Reed Midem...
- Image Is Everything for Indie Marketers. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;06/07/99, Vol. 375 Issue 4, p21
Discusses the business of television marketers and graphics design firms. Information on the Promax confab of promotion professionals that include television marketers; Significance of the emphasis on branding among television networks on the business; Information on the promotional campaign...