Comcast: OCAP Action in '07
- Lexus' interactive channel lures buyers. Bond Jr., Vince // Automotive News;3/3/2014, Vol. 88 Issue 6610, p22
The article discusses Lexus' new interactive channel through Comcast launched in February 2014 featuring photo galleries and games together with on-demand TV content and a show geared toward car lovers. The channel is expected to entice luxury buyers while providing a new look at Lexus brand....
- Disney Channel launches eTV live-voting show. // New Media Age;8/1/2002, p1
Reports on the launching of Disney Channel's enhanced television series as part of its move towards interactive television. Details of Disney Channel's service offering; Overview of the channel's interactive services.
- TIME OUT TIME ON TW CABLE. Riddell, Robert // Daily Variety;11/18/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 36, p5
Reports on the move of entertainment magazine "Time Out New York" to create its own interactive channel that is being offered to subscribers of Time Warner Cable.
- Conference speakers love interactive TV. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p40
Focuses on the viability of interactive television discusses in a conference sponsored by the Myers Group LLC. Cost structure; Proliferation of video-on-demand services offered by cable television operators; Initial difficulties encountered; Projected growth of the industry.
- TiVo Cuts Entry Prices. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;2/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the decrease in the cost of entry-level digital video recorders of TiVo Inc. in February 2004. Original retail price of the recorders; Reason for the move; Leasing fees charged by some cable companies for the recorders.
- Interactive Harmony? Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Apr2005, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p26
Asserts the need for OpenCable Application Platform (OCAP) to be coupled with a strong set of applications in order to succeed in the United States. Content providers and set-top manufacturers interested OCAP development tools; Multisystems operators with plans for OCAP; OCAP application in...
- Upfront: Rethinking VoD In A TV 2.0 World. Edmonds, Jeremy // Communications Technology;4/15/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p2
The article offers information on the revival of video of demand (VoD) in the U.S. It states that the cable companies need to reconsider VoD due to increasing demand for TV 2.0. It also states that the combination of VoD and Web functionality will enhance the profitability of cable companies....
- Attention grabbing. Hargrave, Sean // New Media Age;9/11/2003, p20
Reports on the next generation interactive service on music television channels. Statement issued by Chiara Cipriani, head of commercial and interactive at Sky Music; Interactive strategy of Sky and MTV; Audience share of MTV.
- Vidiom flips the switch on interactive TV. Peterson, Eric // ColoradoBiz;Mar2004, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p35
Reports that the market growth enjoyed by Broomfield, Colorado-based Vidiom Systems Corp. may indicate that interactive television (ITV) is finally getting beyond mere strategic planning in 2004. Growth enjoyed by the firm that is directly tied to the rise of ITV at big cable operators like...