JUST THE FACTS
- Tough Challenges Ahead. Fox, Jim // Design News;8/14/2006, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p14
The article focuses on new technologies emerging in the consumer electronics industry. Television services are becoming digital and high definition, whereas the industry is still divided on issues regarding industry standards. DVD recorders and digital systems are not having high penetration...
- HIGH DEF DEFICIT. // Multichannel News;2/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p24
The article reports that fifty-six percent of the 39 million households in the United States with high definition television (HDTV) sets actually receive HD programming from their provider.
- Viewsonic Offers Flat Panel TVs. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/6/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p32
This article reports on the flat panel televisions (TV) to be showcased by Viewsonic at the Custom Electronics Design and Installation Association Expo including an liquid crystal display television (LCD TV), a high definition (HD) plasma monitor and a high-performance Advanced Television...
- Your technical problems solved. Yates, Darren // Australian PC User;Oct2009, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p73
The article provides an answer to the question of how to deal with the issue of high definition televisions not working with devices that are not high-bandwidth digital copy protection (HDCP)-compatible.
- Wild Blue, Yonder. Ranada, David // Sound & Vision;Apr2002, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p37
Comments on the products for high-definition television (HDTV) introduced at the 2002 Consumer Electronics Show. Blue laser device demonstrated by Panasonic; Features of the laser assembly of Panasonic; D-Theater video format released by JVC.
- Q&A. Masters, Ian G. // Sound & Vision;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p32
Answers several questions on household electronic products in the United States as of February 2001. Suggestion on the selection of a digital high definition television; Position of a satellite dish; Camera scan signal in high definition televisions.
- Heads up. Chinnock, Chris // Electronic Design;12/14/98, Vol. 46 Issue 28, p48D
Looks at the products released by consumer electronics manufacturers in conjunction with the introduction of high-definition television (HDTV). Incorporation of all digital electronics in addition to set-top boxes; Launching of a 50-inch, rear-projection HDTV at the Consumer Electronics Show in...
- Some Good HDTV Programming News. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/16/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p12
Focuses on the advantages of high definition television programming in the U.S. Broadcast of the college football games; Reorganization of the consumer electronics department; Transmission of digital programming.
- DRIVING HIGH-DEF. // Multichannel News;12/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p24
The article presents statistics on the percentage of market penetration of High definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. in November 2008.