- Our Town. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;06/14/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, Cable p34
Emphasizes the advantages of regional cable news networks over local cable news networks. Proof that the demand for regional cable news network is growing; Overview of the situation at New York 1 News cable network; Discussion and analysis of the trend.
- Station Problems for Azteca. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;7/2/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p7
Reports on the series of distribution setbacks encountered by Azteca America, a Hispanic television (TV) broadcast network, that could delay the network from getting on the air. Information on Azteca's agreement to acquire KXTX-TV in Dallas, Texas; Impact of Univision's acquisition of TV outlets...
- HBO enters a growing Korean cable market. Alford, Christopher // Variety;10/02/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 7, p48
Reports on the resurgence of the cable television industry in South Korea after the country's economic crisis in 1998. Launching of HBO Korea on October 2, 2000; Limitation on foreign investment in broadcasting; Penetration rates of cable televisions in affluent areas.
- In-your-face music. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR8
Reports on the competition between cable television networks MTV2 and MuchMusic USA, which target Web-savvy viewers. Details on the program lineup of MuchMusic; Information on MTV2 show `Control Freak'; Comparison of the number of households reached by the networks.
- TCI restores VH1, MTV. Bambarger, Bradley // Billboard;02/01/97, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p84
Reports that cable television provider Tele-Communications Inc. (TCI) bowed to pressure and decided to return cable music channels VH1 and MTV to the air in Denver, Colorado and other markets. Background on TCI's pulling of the stations in December 1996; Protests from Viacom, artists and...
- Pay cabler Flix tries new tricks. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;08/30/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 62, p5
Reports that cable television network Flix!, a subsidiary of Showtime, has revamped its on-air appearance and scheduling strategy and signed an affiliation deal with Comcast Cable.
- Monsieur Mickey faces tough Euro quota regs. Paoli, Pascale // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p65
Reports on the March 22, 1997 launch of the Disney Channel in France. Initial broadcast of the channel on Canal Satellite; Problems faced by Disney concerning this pending launch.
- IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the success of Home Box Office (HBO) television network. Number of 2001 Emmy Awards nominations earned by HBO; Challenge facing HBO; Concern of HBO executives about AOL.
- ASIA'S MTV KUDOS. Osborne, Magz // Variety;9/10/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the plans of MTV Asia for its first pan-Asian kudocast in Singapore. What the kudos will include; One of the anchors of the program; Successful music awards in Asia.