Disney's Iger Opens 'Digital Doorway'
- Like Walt, Iger thinks long term. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;1/24/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on statements of Walt Disney Co.'s chief executive officer (CEO) Robert Iger about the opportunities, risk and the success on the acquisition of Pixar, Marvel Entertainment Inc., and Lucasfilm Ltd.
- MUSEUM IN MOTION. // Daily Variety;12/8/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 47, p4
The article reports on the move of Walt Disney Co. president and chief executive officer (CEO) Bob Iger, to serve as fundraising chairman for the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures (Acad).
- Studio chiefs try a toybox of tentpoles. Bart, Peter // Variety;9/7/2009, Vol. 416 Issue 4, p1
The article discusses several motion pictures which Walt Disney Co. is expected to release in 2009. A discussion of changes in the company's corporate strategy for the creation of motion pictures and for motion picture releases that have been seen since Robert Iger became the company's president...
- Managing Disney's power pods. Bart, Peter // Variety;11/2/2009, Vol. 416 Issue 12, p4
In this article, written in the form of a memo, the author comments on the appointment of Rich Ross as chief of the Walt Disney Company motion picture studios. A number of issues are addressed including the treatment of major producer/directors associated with the studio including Jerry...
- Iger: New Disney deal with Pixar is unlikely. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;9/30/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 62, p2
Reports on the confirmation made by Walt Disney Co. president Bob Iger on the unlikely partnership of the company with Pixar Animation Studios. Previous production and distribution deals of Walt Disney and Pixar.
- BRAND WAGON. Fritz, Ben; Gardner, Chris // Variety;5/1/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the plans of Walt Disney Co. CEO Bob Iger for the studio's films. Iger said he wanted to scale back budgets, but Disney is producing two of history's more expensive sequels in Pirates of the Caribbean. Studio executives also say they want to steer clear of racy content and...
- Iger: Technology Is Disney's Future. Sweeting, Paul // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/29/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p20
The article reports on the speech given by Walt Disney chief executive officer Robert Iger at the International Consumer Electronics Show. Disney is intent on moving beyond traditional movie and television programming to become a multimedia, multiplatform digital entertainment company. He...
- Studios See Digital, DVD Coexisting Well. Gruenwedel, Erik; Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;11/12/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p3
The article relates the stand of DVD retailers and studio executives in the U.S. regarding the rise of digital distribution of content in the market. According to Bob Iger, president and CEO of Walt Disney Co., the company has sold 500,000 movie downloads on Apple's iTunes Music Store since...
- Extreme makeover: Mouse edition. Bart, Peter // Daily Variety;2/25/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 35, p4
The article comments on the radical re-invention of Walt Disney Co. It discusses how the production company morphed from the bastion of Mickey Mouse into the home of "Hannah Montana" and "High School Musical." The article highlights the changes at Disney under the leadership of Robert Iger....