CEA Chief Stands Up for Users
- Shapiro: CEA's Mission To Foster Innovation. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/17/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) president and chief executive officer (CEO) Gary Shapiro emphasized on innovation as the focus of the organization during his keynote address at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Untitled. // CT Daily;4/24/2013, p1
The article presents a quote from president of Consumer Electronics Association Gary Shapiro regarding need of technological innovation in the television broadcasting sector.
- Shapiro Marks His 20-Yr. Milestone IN CE Industry. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/9/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p20
Interviews Gary Shapiro, president and chief executive officer at the Consumer Electronics Association to discuss his career and his accomplishments over the years. Career profile of Shapiro; Significance of Sony Betamax case in Shapiro's portfolio; His contribution to the consumer electronics...
- Emerging Technologies Driving CE Growth: CEA. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/20/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p5
The article reports that as per the report "Sales and Forecasts" by trade association Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), there will be an increases in wholesale revenue from wearables, drones and connect-home devices in 2015 and presents the views of CEA's president Gary Shapiro on the same.
- Top Court Won't Hear Remote DVR Case. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/6/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Supreme Court has decided on June 29, 2009 that it will not hear the case concerning the remote-storage digital video recording (DVR) service of Cablevision. The decision will reportedly allow Cablevision to launch a DVR service that records programming on...
- Legal digest. // Consumer Policy Review;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p180
Summarizes court cases on consumer issues in Great Britain. Includes the Northamptonshire County Council's suit against newspaper publisher MGN Ltd. for misleading advertising; Emma Cross' lawsuit against Kirklees Metropolitan Borough Council for breach of duty in failing to maintain a highway...
- `loan flipping' schemes. Meili, Stephen; Sarskas, S. Edward // Advancing the Consumer Interest;Spring96, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p31
Reviews the consumer law case `Emery versus American General Finance, Incorporated.' Allegations against American General Finance; Court ruling on the case.
- Truth in Lending Act. Meili, Stephen; Sarskas, S. Edward // Advancing the Consumer Interest;Spring96, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p31
Reviews the consumer law case `Cowen versus Bank United of Texas.' Allegations concerning the violation of the Truth in Lending Act; Outcome of the case.
- Anti-trust/health care. Meili, Stephen; Sarskas, S. Edward // Advancing the Consumer Interest;Spring96, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p32
Reviews the consumer law case `Blue Cross & Blue Shield United of Wisconsin, and Compcare Health Services Insurance Corporation, versus Marshfield Clinic and Security Health Plan of Wisconsin, Incorporated.' Details on the case; Court ruling on the case.