SATELLITE: THE YEAR AHEAD
- DirecTV platinum subscribers to get more channels by year's end. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;10/12/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p34
Reports that subscribers of DirecTV Inc.'s platinum cable television package in Puerto Rico will get a free HBO channel for free. Total number of cable television subscribers aimed to be achieved by DirecTV by year-end 2000; Features of the additional HBO channel; Current number of homes and...
- Versus back on DirecTV. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;3/16/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 51, p2
The article reports on the return of sports cable network Versus to DirecTV Inc.
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p30
Reports developments related to cable television networks in the U.S. as of September 2002. Affiliation deal between Outdoor Channel and DirecTV Inc.; Popularity of the original show 'Taboo' of the National Network company; Conduction of a national talent search for children by the Game Show...
- Turner Readies Multinetwork Promo Blitz. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p29
Reports on Turner Network Sales' development of affiliate promotions for Turner Network Television, TBS SuperStation, and Turner Classic Movies. Offering of integrated opportunities that encompass marketing, advertising sales, and public affairs elements; Airing of two movies with presidential...
- Cable big on sports and kids. // Adweek Western Edition;3/14/94, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the domination of sports and child-oriented programs on cable television. Market launching of Turner Broadcasting; Upcoming entry of USA Networks.
- Fox Cable Adds Turner South. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p8
The article focuses on the ownership transfer of Turner South to Fox Cable Networks. Turner South offers sports and entertainment programs such as Atlanta Braves Major League Baseball games, Atlanta Hawks National Basketball Association matchups and Atlanta Thrashers National Hockey League...
- CNN shuffles. // Quill;Oct94, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the plan of Turner Broadcasting System Inc.'s Cable News Network (CNN) to change strategy in order to boost ratings. Decline of CNN's ratings; Measures being carried out to effect changes; CNN's financial status.
- Few tickets for Turner Classic Movies. VXK.D // Broadcasting & Cable;4/18/94, Vol. 124 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the launching of Turner Classic Movies (TCM), the sixth cable network of the Turner Broadcasting System (TBS). Number of subscribers; Program offerings; Forecast on profitability by TBS chairman Ted Turner; Network service availability.
- Turner going after CNBC. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;6/12/95, Vol. 337 Issue 32, p1
Reports on Turner Broadcasting System's decision to compete with CNBC through its CNN Financial News network. Force prompting the decision; Problems foreseen; Further study of a possible TBS purchase of King World Productions.