Scannell Venture Gets $8 Million From Spark
- Ukrtelecom launches new Internet TV service. // Russian Telecom;Jan2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p10
The article focuses on the new Ogo!TV online television (TV) service launched by Urktelecom for their fixed broadband subscribers that will include domestic TV channels and video-on-demand where smartphone, tablet and personal computer (PC) users can subscribe for the service for UAH 1 per month.
- Faster connection to broaden Net horizons. Longhurst, Paul // Marketing Week;5/4/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p16
Comments on the launching of broadband Internet and digital television in Great Britain. Number of companies which have signed up with British Telecommunications (BT) for broadband; Fees charged by BT Openworld for the service; Use of digital television for online transactions; BT's...
- Rostelecom expands fiber network in Vologda. // Russian Telecom;Aug2015, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p2
The article reports that telecommunication company Rostelecom expanded its fiber network coverage in Vologda, Cherepovets, Velikiy-Ustyug, Sheksna and Sokol in Russia to provide broadband and internet television (IPTV) services to its subscribers.
- We're oh so pretty, here at Switch2 TV. Southwell, Tim // Campaign (UK);07/21/2000, Issue 29, p14
Presents an update on Switch2Towers, the British multichannel Internet television platform built for broadband. Company's relocation to offices in the Soho district in London, England; Efforts to develop the Switch2 brand; Programs in the pipeline.
- Bundling Up. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/5/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 13, p40
The article focuses on EchoStar's decision to enter the market for broadband and Internet television and expand its mobile satellite services (MSS) in order to maximize its leverage from direct broadcasting and fixed satellite service assets. In order to differentiate itself from established...
- THE NEW Niches. Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;4/14/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p26
The article profiles Next New Networks, a media company founded by Viacom veteran Herb Scannell. The company was founded to create an online video business by being topical, original, and pervasive. Programs on the network include "Backyard fx," a Web series aimed at instructing independent...
- Old Media Horses Try New Tricks. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;6/4/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p1
The article reports that the interrogation incident that confronted Herb Scannell at Next New Networks, where he's been chief executive officer since he founded the company, was the product of a promo shoot for one of the company's Internet television shows. But a handful of high-profile former...
- Triple Play Shaping Up for a Grand Slam. Senia, Al // America's Network;7/1/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p10
The article discusses important revenue forecasts of U.S.-based research firms for the global market for Internet protocol (IP) television for the years of 2005 to 2008. Sunnyvale, California-based Multimedia Research Group adoption curve with an estimated 1.9 million subscribers in 2004 to 25.3...
- Power plays. Taaffe, Joanne; Morris, Anne; Kemp, Ian // Total Telecom Magazine;Apr2009, p7
The article offers an analysis on moves to regulate exclusive pay-television (TV) content delivered over broadband networks. It argues that the moves underscore the role of Internet protocol television (IPTV) in securing broadband share in some European markets. It also emphasizes that IPTV...