Beyond Adelphia, Cable Deals Were Few
- Charter Charges Modem Subs for TV. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p33
Reports the modem subscriber charges of multichannel cable and satellite operator Charter Communications Inc. for lifeline video service in the U.S. Amount of the charges; Number of modem-only customers; Allocation of the extra fee.
- A 500-channel deal. Vizard, Frank // Popular Science;May97, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p46
Mentions a merger of two satellite television operations. Brief details on a deal between the satellite TV services of Echostar and the SkyTV system operated by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.
- Prime(star) time for DirecTV. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;05/03/99, Vol. 129 Issue 19, p37
Reports on DirecTV's acquisition of Primestar. Terms of acquisition; Benefits from the acquisition.
- Sky Perfect sets tests. // Daily Variety;04/30/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 43, p9
Reports on the plans of satellite platform Sky PerfectTV to test broadband transmission of its satellite programs in tandem wit NTT DoCoMo in Japan.
- VIDEO SERVICE PROVIDERS BATTLE ON MULTIPLE FRONTS. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;02/04/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the oppositions among direct broadcast satellite (DBS) operators on sharing 12.2 to 12.7 gigahertz spectrum in the United States. Competition between multichannel video distribution and data service (MVDDS) providers Northpoint Technology and MDS America; Plan of MVDDS providers to...
- Adelphia Drops Spice, Playboy in L.A. Umstead, R. Thomas; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;11/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p36
Reports that Adelphia Communications Corp. removed adult pay-per-view networks Spice and Playboy TV from its Los Angeles, California systems. Financial ramifications for Playboy TV; Possible reconsideration of the move depending on local franchising authorities.
- Charter Asks For Basic Dereg In Northwest. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p16
Reports on a petition of Charter Communications Inc. for rate deregulation for several cable franchises serving communities across the Pacific Northwest. Significance of the petition to direct-broadcast satellite penetration; Percentage rate of deregulation included in the petition; Factors...
- VIDEO BRIEFS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/20/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p21
Reports developments concerning home satellite and satellite broadcasting and communications in the United States as of August 2001. Consolidation of Hughes Network System Co. with DirecTV; Introduction of Panasonic DVD-LA95 portable DVD player; Sponsorship of Microsoft Corp. on EMMY Awards...
- It could have been worse. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/5/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 46, p18
Focuses on the deal to merge between EchoStar and DirectTV in the United States. Plans of EchoStar chairman Charlie Ergen to combine the satellite television networks; Comments of cable operators on the deal; Advantages of the merger to Echostar.